Miami Beach area

kingstonKouple72

I've never been to Miami.

I have to drop my rental off at Enterprise at Doubletree hotel, just northwest of MaArthur Causeway.

I just found out that my favourite hat store (Goorin Bros) has a store on Lincoln Road on Miami Beach.

How long does it take to get across Venetian Way, and are there tolls?

We normally are in line waiting to get through security at about 8:30.. but Goorin doesn't open until 10am. A little shopping.. then back to drop off the car and then get to the port... and we are outside our comfort zone.... Not sure if the roadways back and forth from Miami Beach is one of those roads that are always gridlock.

Edit: It will be a saturday morning we will be there.. if that matters.

Any thoughts?

The toll on the Venetian Causeway is $3.00 toll-by-plate or $2.25 with a SunPass. I cannot remember if this is each way or one way (west to east). Cash is no longer collected. There will be mostly local residential traffic (lighter than the McCarthur) and since the speed limit is 30-35, it may take 15 minutes to Lincoln Rd.

The McCarthur Causeway is free. There will be more traffic than the Venetian, but not gridlock. The tie up seems to happen as you approach the divide once you get to South Beach. The ride will take longer 20+ minutes because there is more traffic on Alton Rd towards Lincoln Rd.

Both rides are nice. On a Saturday morning there should not be much traffic. Parking on the 17th street Miami Beach garage is very cheap $1.00 an hour and a good central location for Lincoln Road. Just use google maps GPS on your phone and you will be fine. Plenty of time to get around do a little shopping and get to the ship. I would rather enjoy Miami Beach a little and get to the ship at say 1:30pm then sit in lines and get on a crowded ship with no cabin ready.