Galaxy Panama - Just Returned - Info

canderson

If you've been to Cozumel a dozen times and are looking for something different, I cannot recommend the cooking class highly enough. My husband humored me and took it with me, and he's raved about it ever since. He says it was one of the best shore excursions we've ever taken.

The chef was highly professional, and he had a great staff. We each had our own cooking station, and people were LIBERALLY supplied with free margaritas or (for the nondrinkers such as myself) soft drinks and bottled water.

The food was easy to prepare and tasted terrific. It was definitely restaurant quality, and it was better quality than the food in the dining room of our RCCL ship.

The class was held under a canopy near the water, but there were fans everywhere so it was pleasant (and I faint in the heat, so that's saying a lot).

The only thing you need to consider is that only 12 people can take the class per ship. You've got to sign up very early to get this gem of a shore excursion.

We just did this excursion last week and it was great. Definitely one of the best excursions I've ever taken. On RCI it's listed as the Mexican Cuisine Workshop. It's held at Playa Mia and you have access to everything once the class is over as well.

Take the later flight. If you get to the airport early, you can pay the fare difference and go on an earlier flight, which is what we did on Friday.

Did Southwest charge a change fee for the earlier flight? Did you have to board in the last group when you made the change?

Did Southwest charge a change fee for the earlier flight? Did you have to board in the last group when you made the change?

We had to pay $78.80 per person (there were three of us) in fare difference but it was worth it as we got home 4 hours early. We were still in Group B as we were at the airport by 9am and the flight we switched to was a non-stop at 12:55 (our original flight was at 3:30). We could've switched to an even earlier flight for less but it required making a connection in Dallas.

Archived