Adventure of the Seas Deluxe Drink Plan.... Looking for...

ScottVV

You will find that they have raised the price of most all "fancy" (blender/frozen/higher shelf) cocktails to the $12 limit to encourage people to purchase the drink package. You can still get beers for $6.50 to $8.50. Simple well mixed drinks are around $9.

Yea.. From what I saw, any "1 Liquor" drink, except for your Johnny Blues and such, will keep you under the 12 limit. The specialty drinks, i.e., Long Island's and such, and whatever other fancy shmacy drinks they come up with, will run you over $12 per. But I can see them charging you over $12 for, lets say, a Kettle or Goose Martini.. Even though those drinks are "supposed" to be 3 or 4oz of liquor, they may charge more then $12.. But if you order a Kettle or Goose and soda/juice/etc., it's gotta be less than $12... Unless you order a double. I know on Carnival, they had specials $3.00 more for a double. So, if they charge 8 or 9 for Kettle/Goose, you may still fall under the $12.. I'm personally hoping so....

Just thought of something else. When you pull into Port Canaveral and Nassau, is the drink plan still valid? It is on their Private islands, but is it "On Hold", if you will, until you leave said ports..? If so, that will really suck... I won't get off the ship in Florida and only spend a couple hours off the boat in Nassau as I've been there many times before. I also found this price list:

https://www.******************.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

Just thought of something else. When you pull into Port Canaveral and Nassau, is the drink plan still valid? It is on their Private islands, but is it "On Hold", if you will, until you leave said ports..? If so, that will really suck... I won't get off the ship in Florida and only spend a couple hours off the boat in Nassau as I've been there many times before. I also found this price list:

https://www.******************.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

When the ship is in port the drink plan is still in effect if you get a drink on the ship.

Even in FL and/or Nassau? I just remember on NCL, you where charged a port tax as well as the 18 or so auto gratuity as usual.. and I heard stories of what I asked about the plan not being allowed while in port. Thank you for your help!

Edited by ScottVV

I know that when the ship is in port in Florida and you pay by the drink they add sales tax to the cost, and once you are in international waters they stop charging sales tax. The question would be if you buy a drink with the drink package while docked in Florida do they charge you sales tax?

I was in a different port in the Bahamas - not Nassau, and the drink package was still good on the ship. I don't think they added sales tax either.

I know that when the ship is in port in Florida and you pay by the drink they add sales tax to the cost, and once you are in international waters they stop charging sales tax. The question would be if you buy a drink with the drink package while docked in Florida do they charge you sales tax?

I was in a different port in the Bahamas - not Nassau, and the drink package was still good on the ship. I don't think they added sales tax either.

No US sales tax on drinks covered by a beverage package, no matter the US port.