Conquest class waterslide

ebb32

Just wondering if the waterslide on the Liberty (or other conquest class ships) is appropriate for a 4 year old. There is a 42" height restriction, which we have met. Is is possible for an adult to ride the slide with child between legs?

I guess it depends on who is working the slide... on the Valor, one of the men in our group went down with his child several times. But on the Miracle and Sensation, I know they turned people away that wanted to do that...

Serene, there are two different requirements, so it gets confusing!!

Guests must be at least 48" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Holiday, Jubilee, Celebration, Fantasy, Sensation, Elation, Paradise, Inspiration, Imagination, Fascination, Ecstasy

Guests must be at least 42" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Conquest, Legend, Glory, Miracle, Valor

Guests under 13 must have their parents permission.

be careful with the kids

last year on conquest,

we were sitting in the hot tub by the slide and the worker on the top sent someone down , not realizing that someone was still at the bottom

and the man crahsed into this woman, and she went flying up in the air and landed on her head.. it was horrible,, she wasnt ok,, luckily there was a nurse in the pool and the drs came and took her off in a neck brace and on a stretcher, it was the workers fault , he wasnt paying attention,,

its good to check to see if the person before you got all the way off before ,, and when you get to the bottom, get the hell out of there,,

it was the 2nd day of the cruise, i never heard what happened to her... hopefully she was ok, i didnt hear any chopper coming or anything,,

on that note,, just be safe,,,, im a paranoid parent, i wouldnt let my 5 year old do it,,,

melissa

The slides on Conquest class ships allow smaller children because they don't let out into a pool - you just slide to the end and get off. My daughter is right at 42 inches and had a great time on the slide. The attendant is generally careful to not let someone go down until the first person has gotten off. On the last sea day I sat in the hot tub beneath the slide and watched my 4 and 6 year olds ride the slide at least 30 times. They had a blast. When we go on the Sensation next year my daughter will be disappointed if she's not allowed to ride the slide - I doubt she'll be 48 inches by then.

Archived