tour on small ship through Canal similar to "Ocean to Ocean"

mkleyner

Is there any tour on small ship through Canal similar to "Ocean to Ocean" tour provided by cruise line, but by local company(so it's cheaper). I've read about Mario, but my understanding is that he is doing more of inland tours like Indian vilage, etc. We would be more interested to just see the Canal from the small ship.

Thanks,

Mariya

I do not know if there is another small ship line that does that route of the ocean to ocean but I can tell you that I did the Ocean to ocean and even if it is expensive boy was it worth it. We happen to be sharing a lock with a tanker (VERY BIG) and what an experience on us being on a 200 passenger boat and this tanker. Unbelieveable. The tour does take most of the day but my DH and I felt it was worth every single dime.

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know about other cruise lines, but on RCCL we can only get off the ship in Panama (Gatun) if you are on a ships tour. We are doing the ferry tour all the way through the canal in Feb. It is a ship's tour.

• 1 month later...

We were in the locks with another ferry and 4 tugs that had priority because they had to get to Colon fast. So we had extra time on our hands and they took us on our bus return by the Madden dam and stopped for wildlife photos, too. It was worth $150. Be sure to read Path Between the Seas before you go.

Archived