car rental at Port Canaveral

tazza

We will be in Orlando for 3 days before our cruise departs (Jan 15) from Pt Canaveral. We are from Australia and would like to know which car rental company would be the best/most reasonably priced. Any ideas???:confused: The best deal so far, over the internet is Avis which lands up being around $100 p/day. (including the GPS) - it sounded like a lot to us but perhaps that is the rate in USA. We would like to book it before we leave, any advise will help! Thanks

We will be in Orlando for 3 days before our cruise departs (Jan 15) from Pt Canaveral. We are from Australia and would like to know which car rental company would be the best/most reasonably priced. Any ideas???:confused: The best deal so far, over the internet is Avis which lands up being around $100 p/day. (including the GPS) - it sounded like a lot to us but perhaps that is the rate in USA. We would like to book it before we leave, any advise will help! Thanks

What kind of a car are you looking for? I was able to find a car from the Orlando airport to the port for about 35 dollars, taxes included, for an intermediate sized car - Pontiac G6 which I think is the Australian equivalent of a Ford Mondeo, maybe a little larger. This rental's a one way rental from Orlando to Port Canaveral, and I have another one reserved with the same rate the other way around after my cruise as well.

If you look around online (try www.fatwallet.com/forums and looking under the Travel Deals section), you can find some coupon codes for Avis. I was able to snag a code that took off around 15 bucks. 100 dollars per day seems pretty absurd unless you're looking for a larger, luxury car. Look around harder and you should be able to find deals from Avis, Budget, and others. Avis appears to have an office nearby the port and I've been told that they offer shuttles to the port so it'll be hassle free.

Thanks for that, I thought it was ridiculous. No we are not looking for a luxury anything....2 adults and 2 kids and luggage! thats it. Though we need it for 3 days. Pick up at Orlando International Airport and on day 3 drop off at Port Canaveral. On returning from the cruise we want to pick up at Port Canaveral and then 2 days later return at Orlando International! Simple enough huh? Any particular recommendation? By the way, the only "extra" we want is the satellite navigational thingy!:confused:

Thanks for that, I thought it was ridiculous. No we are not looking for a luxury anything....2 adults and 2 kids and luggage! thats it. Though we need it for 3 days. Pick up at Orlando International Airport and on day 3 drop off at Port Canaveral. On returning from the cruise we want to pick up at Port Canaveral and then 2 days later return at Orlando International! Simple enough huh? Any particular recommendation? By the way, the only "extra" we want is the satellite navigational thingy!:confused:

I don't believe having it for more than a day will have any bearing on the rate - if anything, it should be cheaper. I'd look at Avis's site again and use the code you may find at FW - I don't want to make it public here in case that's taboo - and see what rate you come across.

If you're looking for the navigation unit, Hertz is best known for them. I believe Hertz codes may too be found at the same place I mentioned.

They are all about the same. Go on Yahoo and look for Avis coupons or what ever one you choose. I used avis last year it should be about $30.00 for a mid size car. I dont know where you got $100. unless it is because you are out of the country.

Try Budget, Avis or Hertz. Just DO NOT try Thrifty. We just had a very bad experience with them on Dec. 11th. Friends had booked with them after our cruise. After waiting 1 and 1/2 hours for their shuttle (they failed to tell us they only had one shuttle and it hit the other ship terminals first) we cancelled and took Art's Shuttle to the airport. There were others waiting too. Most called Thrifty and cancelled and were lucky enough to get other rentals. Also a full size car did not carry 4 people and all of our luggage. Try a minivan!! :D

Enjoy your cruise.

Cindy ;)

Avis is located at the Airport which makes it nice not to have to get on a shuttle to get to Hertz and some of the other agencies. Budget just bought out Avis so you may be able to get the same deal from each. We used Avis in September mainly because we used our thank your rewards on our credit card so the rental was free:p . Even if we had paid for the car it was just as good a deal as any of the other places.

We used Avis (picked up at MCO) for a few days in Orlando before going on the cruise back in September. Post cruise we used Thrify...picked us up at the port and then turned in at the off-site Thrifty lot and shuttled to MCO. No problems with either! But it is nice that Avis is located at the airport. My mom and I got confused when we were trying to locate Thrify and we kept driving around the airport, luckily we had plenty of time before our flight.

We also used Avis. They are located right in the Orlando airport. We stayed the night before the cruise at the Radisson Port Canaveral and the car rental return was only a minute or two down the road. They had a free shuttle that brought us to the port (plus a tip for the driver). On the way back we used Art's shuttle and it was I think $65.00 for 2 adults (plus a tip for the driver). The porter brought us right out to the shuttle when we got off the ship and we we were on our way. We didn't want to deal with the hastle of a car rental pick up and return on our way home. We just wanted the quickest way to the airport! I know if you did want to rent a car back you can take the same free Avis shuttle. (It was maybe 10 minute drive to the port from the Avis location in Port Canaveral.) Arts shuttle's web site is http://www.artsshuttle.com Also for discounts on Avis and other car rental companies at the Orlando airport try http://www.mousesavers.com Have a great cruise and if you have any other questions just let me know.

My brother just came of Mariner. He flew into orlando, rented car from Hertz. Dropped off car at Port Canaveral and Hertz took him to the Port. After the cruise, 'Arts Shuttle' (there are online) took him back to the airport for I believe $75.

He was the 2nd group called off the boat and was at the airport before 10 am

good luck

Archived