Another Cell Phone Question

martyap

I have read much of the useful information here. One plan I have for our European land and Med cruise is to take advantage of the Verizon TravelPass plan.

Once in Europe we could keep our phones in airplane mode and once we turn it off a/m we would be charged a flat $10 for any calls or texts made or received in a 24 hour period to the US or to the country we are in. If during the next 24 hour period the phone remained on a/m no charges would incur. So if we visited a port and wanted to use the phone we just take it off a/m.

On the ship the phones would remain in airplane mode and if we have signed up for VOOM we could access wifi calling either on our phone or using Viber which I have on my phone.

And, when we return to the US, TravelPass automatically expires.

Did I miss anything?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly!

This also includes your data.

You take your domestic plan with you.

This from the Travel Pass website:

"Now your wireless plan travels just like you do. For just $5 a day per line in Mexico and Canada and $10 a day per line in more than 130 countries you can take your domestic talk, text and data allowances with you. You're only charged on the days you use your device abroad. It's an economical way to stay connected while you travel.

Exactly!

This also includes your data.

You take your domestic plan with you.

This from the Travel Pass website:

"Now your wireless plan travels just like you do. For just $5 a day per line in Mexico and Canada and $10 a day per line in more than 130 countries you can take your domestic talk, text and data allowances with you. You're only charged on the days you use your device abroad. It's an economical way to stay connected while you travel.

Thank you......not a bad deal. I also have an unlocked Samsung GSM phone and I had ordered a Speeek SIM card from Amazon for $14.99 which included $8 in credit. It came yesterday and works great. Gives you a dedicated US number and both the credit and number do not expire. Calls to/from Europe are pennies; texts are free; easy to reload online and pay via paypal; no monthly fees; can use for data but I don't need to......I think we are covered......I am already used to the double send system when you make a call, no big deal. I have to keep in touch with some family members and these options help.

Remember, you can also find wifi hotspots in ports and wifi call.

Or switch to T-mobile and get unlimited texts and data and 20 cents per minute calling from over 140 countries for no extra charge. :)