Roatán suggestions please

apatchetear

We will be porting at Town Center in April for the first time and would like suggestions on things to do. We do not like any animal encounters of any kind.

My husband wants to zipline but I’m afraid to. We are looking at Pirates or Mayan Jungle. Is one better than the other? Is there a waiting area for me to wait? What is there to do at the waiting area?

Any suggestions on an uncrowded beach without venders that has a nice beach bar?

Would we be better off hiring a private tour like Rony’s and asking for suggestions once we meet up?

Private Excursion with Victor Bodden. You can do what you want, we've used them twice and just explained to the guide exactly what we wished to see. He didn't waste time with things we weren't interested in (like the monkeys) but did take us where we wanted to go (snorkeling and good lobster this time, island tour and good lobster last time). Highly recommended both here on CC and on Trip Advisor.

Private Excursion with Victor Bodden. You can do what you want, we've used them twice and just explained to the guide exactly what we wished to see. He didn't waste time with things we weren't interested in (like the monkeys) but did take us where we wanted to go (snorkeling and good lobster this time, island tour and good lobster last time). Highly recommended both here on CC and on Trip Advisor.

Thanks! I have heard lots of good things about this tour guide too! This may be our best option. Where did you snorkel at?

• 2 weeks later...
Get a customized tour with Victor Bodden!! We will be using him for the 5th time in 2 weeks. They will take you anywhere you want to go, and will also make suggestions and he has his own zipline at his house as well. Highly recommend!

Would you recommend the private tour with them or the Fun-n-Sun excursion? We want to do everything on that one but don't want to be too rushed at the beach and would like a little tour of the island and a nice lunch. We are on the Vista in Oct and will be in port from 8am until 6pm.

Thanks in advance for your input.

My husband wants to zipline but I’m afraid to. We are looking at Pirates or Mayan Jungle. Is one better than the other? Is there a waiting area for me to wait? What is there to do at the waiting area?

We've zipped several times in Roatan,. using both vendors. Pirates is very fun! And no worries if you don't want to zip as there is a waiting area. And don't be afraid to zip, as you are double-clipped. My 70+ year old parents zip with us when we go!

Several of the zipline companies will also offer a combo zip/beach tour that you can book.

CeleBrat

We've zipped several times in Roatan,. using both vendors. Pirates is very fun! And no worries if you don't want to zip as there is a waiting area. And don't be afraid to zip, as you are double-clipped. My 70+ year old parents zip with us when we go!

Several of the zipline companies will also offer a combo zip/beach tour that you can book.

CeleBrat

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...