Drink packages

Hello All, I am booking a cruise and while booking I was looking at drink packages. I have purchased in the padt, but now it says all in the cabin must purchase, never been like before. Is this the new rule on all RC shops now, if so when did this change. Very sad about this.

Thanks

Hello All, I am booking a cruise and while booking I was looking at drink packages. I have purchased in the padt, but now it says all in the cabin must purchase, never been like before. Is this the new rule on all RC shops now, if so when did this change. Very sad about this.

Thanks

Yes, new rule went into effect Jan 1. If you call to order, they may let you get by with getting the Refreshment package for the others in your stateroom.

My husband and I were just talking about this. We tried to book the deluxe package for me and the soda package for him. They would not allow that initially because of what has been stated already. My husband and I tried to tell Royal that my husband does not drink alcohol. He is not an alcoholic, he has no medical reason why, he just doesn't drink. For him the refreshment package would not be worth it because he only drinks soda and on hot days maybe water. He can get water from the freestyle machines or with his meal. My husband does not drink coffee or frozen smoothie type drinks. Royal wanted a doctors note. After many calls he was able to purchase the soda package. He was doing some research on this subject and it looks like people were stating on social media that they were sharing drink packages. Just had to vent a little. He sent an email to Royal about this subject but other than an automatic reply he has not heard back from them.