Daniel Johnson Moneys and Sloths question

lmb6488bb

I have booked this excursion directly with them. I was wondering if any one has done it can tell me how far a walk is it to the meeting spot. Is it outside the port or is there a long walk? I did ask them and they said 5-10 min walk but since I have never been I didn't know exactly if I was walking into town or if this outside of the port gates

Thanks for any info

Edited by lmb6488bb
wrong title

My group did this last year. The walk is a bit long for inactive desk-jockeys like myself, but my DH (60+) and I (late 50's) managed OK. You do have to go outside the port. There are some stairs, and a hill to walk up on pavement before cresting the hill and walking down to all the non-cruiseline tour guides. I believe you can also get a taxi for $2.00 per person to drive you over the hill, but we did not do that and were fine. On the way back, however, they can go into the port and drop you off much closer. The tour itself was amazing! We loved the monkeys (they will climb all over you in the enclosure - got some great pictures and videos) and getting to hold a sloth was definitely a once in a life time experience. Daniel's group is very professional, they obviously love the animals they care for and I highly recommend this tour.

• 1 month later...
My group did this last year. The walk is a bit long for inactive desk-jockeys like myself, but my DH (60+) and I (late 50's) managed OK. You do have to go outside the port. There are some stairs, and a hill to walk up on pavement before cresting the hill and walking down to all the non-cruiseline tour guides. I believe you can also get a taxi for $2.00 per person to drive you over the hill, but we did not do that and were fine. On the way back, however, they can go into the port and drop you off much closer. The tour itself was amazing! We loved the monkeys (they will climb all over you in the enclosure - got some great pictures and videos) and getting to hold a sloth was definitely a once in a life time experience. Daniel's group is very professional, they obviously love the animals they care for and I highly recommend this tour.

It sounds interesting. We'll check it out.

• 1 month later...

We did this 2 years ago with our granddaughters and it was great. No issues of any kind. Holding a sloth was awesome and my youngest granddaughter was too scared but we did talk her into the monkey cage. When ask what she enjoyed the most on vacation, she said the monkeys!

The walk from ship to meeting place was uphill then down. We are mid 50's with some health issues but it wasn't too bad. I would do this tour again. Have fun.