*~* A Cruise is BOOKED! *~*

DrVal

We are ecstatic to report that we have worked out all of the issues with NCL regarding our cancelled, March 9th, Star cruise and we now have a new cruise booked. :D

Of course, we are paying for the air add-on and transfers, but at least we have a vacation to go on during our vacation. :p

After dealing with numerous agents, executives, etc. the person that finally worked everything out for us, is the same Supervisor that was so friendly and helpful months ago when all we were doing was switching cabins. So, lesson learned: when booking with NCL direct, it pays to keep notes with names and dates. Whether she had help from above, I guess we'll never know. :rolleyes:

Upon our return, we will do a detailed comparative review of NCL v. Celebrity Mercury, since both cruises will be relatively fresh in our minds.

A sincere thank you to those of you that offered helpful advice, support and suggestions.

So far, when NCL has erred, they have worked with us to fix the problem. This time, we're hoping for sunny skies and smooth sailing. :D

Glad to hear things worked out for you. Please accept this in the joking spirit that it's intended -- which ship are you on? Given your recent track record with NCL, I think there are quite a few of the posters who are afraid you'll jinx their cruise and don't want to be on the same cruise with you!!! ;)

Dr. Val, this is precisely the news I fully expected you would report. I knew that it was simply a matter of the staff at NCL having appropriate time to research the issues and provide answers. With an unexpected drydock it stands to reason that there are literally thousands of folks who need accomodation, which of course takes time. Issues such as these can really only be dealt with one at a time. Your happy report is further proof that patience, understanding, and flexibility are key to conflict resolution! ;) So glad you posted that you're all booked.

Happy sailing.

In my opinion.......you can do a review of the two cruise lines but a COMPARATIVE review would be like comparing a grape to a grapefruit.

A close comparison would be Princess to NCL.......Personal Choice to Freestyle.

I would be interested in hearing your review, but I think that you are more of a traditional cruiser that likes more structure. Just my opinion:)

Have a great cruise.

I believe the lesson here is, give corporations time to do the right thing.

Corporations are, in many ways, very similiar to governments, with multiple tiers of management. It usually takes a period of time for them to react and respond to unusual and rare requests.

Ships itineraries are changed often for various reasons, but instances where the entire cruise, or several cruises in a row are canceled are not common.

Enjoy your cruise, to whereever it may be.

Where and what did you book? Did you get the same cabin level?

To keep costs down and just get on the ship, we accepted the lowest category, N Gty; however, our cabin has been assigned and we have received a 2 category upgrade (not from the N, but from our original cabin category).

For understandable reasons, we'd prefer not to state exactly what ship and itinerary we're on. We promise to come back, as soon as we're home, to give a complete review.

Archived