Bottomless Bubble vs carrying on soda

sweets2323

Unlimited soda sounds great, but when I tried it... not so great. You have to go to a bar and get the bartender's attention first. If you were a bartender, who would you rather serve? The party animal ordering his usual cocktail (with a nice tip coming) or the sober gal wanting a soda and not planning to tip (because the soda package included tips.)

Once you finally do get to talk to a bartender, they serve you about 6 to 8 oz of soda in a highball glass.

If you were buying soda a la carte, you would pay for a 12 oz can.

Not worth it for us.

I buy BB on ever cruise, cause i drink 3 litres a day of the stuff; but DW gets me to bring 2 twelve packs for herself. Most cruises here in Australia are 10 days. if she is running out we.

Buy another 12 pack's at one of the islands we visit & bring it back on board. We have done this 6 times now & haven't been questioned..

Unlimited soda sounds great, but when I tried it... not so great. You have to go to a bar and get the bartender's attention first. If you were a bartender, who would you rather serve? The party animal ordering his usual cocktail (with a nice tip coming) or the sober gal wanting a soda and not planning to tip (because the soda package included tips.)

Once you finally do get to talk to a bartender, they serve you about 6 to 8 oz of soda in a highball glass.

This is where Royal Caribbean is head and shoulders over Carnival with their Coke Freestyle machines located throughout the ship. Self serve, rarely a line (if so maybe 1 person), and you use your coded travel mug (the machines won't work for anything else) and fill it up yourself with one of countless flavour choices. Done in 30 seconds or less.

How many soft drinks would make up a days worth of B.B.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For kids 17 and under the cost is 4.95 per day. Soda's cost $2.00 each so if your kid orders 3 per day then it is worth it. For adults it is 7.50 per day so you need to drink 4 sodas per day to make it worth it.

You can also use it to get Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Pineapple Juice at any bar.

One poster mentioned you probably get more soda per order when you purchase because they may give you the whole can rather than filling a glass with ice.

I did BB once when I went out of Florida. Then when I went out of Galveston, which I live an hour away I brought 12 pack sodas. I'm not much of a soda drinker. My DH likes Mountain Dew; so we'll bring that and a a 12 pack of coke. Should be plenty for the week.

I just wonder if going back and forth to my room would be hassle or if the kids will be so busy playing at the water park or spending time at the camp and won’t drink as much. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Hmmm, now I wonder if they provide free drinks in camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always get cheers and bottomless bubbles for our kids. It's pretty cheap for kids. And I just don't want to mess with carrying soda's onboard plus I know that my kids might still want a soda at a time when I don't want to go back to the cabin to get their soda. (it's vacation, so yes, I let them drink all the soda's they want).

It has nothing to do with carrying them being a struggle, so no, I don't need to hit the weight room, it's just a hassle that to me is not worth it.

Service at most bars can be kind of slow waiting for a soda, but since we get cheers, we tend to get to know the bartenders and my kids get served quickly after that. I also tip on soda drinks too, not every time, but every now and then I add a dollar to their ticket, or tell them to.

We do both cheers and bottomless bubbles to have most expenses paid up front and not have to budget for the bill later. My kids don't drink a ton of sodas, and are pretty wasteful, drinking a few drinks and leaving it. But it's just part of the overall cost of cruising for us.