NCL Bonus Rewards Program

mbisson

mbisson: already made FinalPayment. As I understand from NCL reservations: they will cancel my original booking (hence' date=' lose the $125 on board booking credit). will sell me mini suite - but at the non discounted price (huh?) - Paying full fare for a mini And losing the $125 credit is not worth it to me - I figure NCL is on the losing $ide of this deal which just seems like bad management to me! DH & I will be just fine in the BA cabin (good ship location, yes?) - I just prefer the layout of the mini and soaking the tub:D[/quote']

I know this would be true to book the different cabin, but again, have you tried for an upsell? It's a totally different animal, normally occurs after final payment, and shouldn't affect your OBC. AND-there is a upsell department seperate from reservations. For instance, we recently "upsold" from an inside gty to a BA balcony for $200 total (ymmv). You MAY find moving from a BA to a mini even less, as that's only a one cat climb.

-Monte

Margaret

Since you can only buy into this program while onboard my guess is that the information will only be made available at one of their presentations.

The program is basically the way its described on this thread...

:rolleyes: I guess I just wanted to read the fine print before jumping on this offer. We plan on cruising NCL at least once a year and use several MBNA/NCL $500 reward certificates.

Now for $2,995 you will be treated as a Platinum Member on your next cruise and get $100 on board credit for this cruise, $100.00 on next cruise, $3,200 toward your next cruise fare, 2 $250 Future Resort Credits and 3 $100 Future Hotel Credits and have 4.5 years to sail. You will get $4,100 for the $2,995 you gave them.

:confused: We normally book 2 cabins so I was wondering if the $3200 could be split between the 2 cabins, or if it can be partially used over a 2 year period? Can we take advantage of the booking a cruise while on a cruise on board credit on top of the new program? Can the $3200 be used for the deposit as well as the final payment,

;) I guess I'll go apply for another MBNA/NCL account just so I can be prepared in Feb. if we decide to go for the $2995 package.

[quote name=immargaret

:confused: We normally book 2 cabins so I was wondering if the $3200 could be split between the 2 cabins, or if it can be partially used over a 2 year period? Can we take advantage of the booking a cruise while on a cruise on board credit on top of the new program? Can the $3200 be used for the deposit as well as the final payment,

.[/quote]

That question came up at my info session, and the answer (from the Latitudes rep-who knows if it's accurate) was that not only could it be used for multiple cabins, but if you didn't use it all on one sailing, the remainder would carry over and could be used on another cruise. And yes, the $3200 can be used either way.

-Monte

I know this would be true to book the different cabin, but again, have you tried for an upsell? It's a totally different animal, normally occurs after final payment, and shouldn't affect your OBC. AND-there is a upsell department seperate from reservations. For instance, we recently "upsold" from an inside gty to a BA balcony for $200 total (ymmv). You MAY find moving from a BA to a mini even less, as that's only a one cat climb.

-Monte

WooHoo!!I took your advice and called NCL/asked for Upsell Department. Was told not only could I cancel my already-final-paid 1st reservation (yes, do lose the original $125 on board credit), but because of a "resident promotion" (huh???) I am now getting a AG (mini) for $640 less than I had paid for the BC. I am doubtful this is real until I get the e-mail confirmation AND I see that $640 credit show up on my credit card. So forget Loyalty Programs - this is better:D Thanks, Monte! Somebody please tell me this is believeable...

WooHoo!!I took your advice and called NCL/asked for Upsell Department. Was told not only could I cancel my already-final-paid 1st reservation (yes' date=' do lose the original $125 on board credit), but because of a "resident promotion" (huh???) I am now getting a AG (mini) for $640 less than I had paid for the BC. I am doubtful this is real until I get the e-mail confirmation AND I see that $640 credit show up on my credit card. So forget Loyalty Programs - this is better:D Thanks, [b']Monte[/b]! Somebody please tell this is believeable...

I'll do it-this is great!

BTW-If we sail together some day, you owe me a drink. ;) (not really)

Have a great cruise.

-Monte

Just a thought, you might want to check the NCL.com website, go to the area for registering and see if your new cabin number is in there. (it might take a while before they get your new data). But when it pops us with the new number, that'll be assurance you got it.

-Monte

Beyond the 2 of you, I'm probably the most happy one that I was able to help.

Now I just have to get you to sign up for the NCL credit card ;) it's great!

Also, just noticed you're on the Star, the wife & I are considering that cruise for the future, I hope you post a review when you get back

enjoy

mbisson - we sail 2/13 - can I buy you a drink:rolleyes: ? I already pre-registered' date=' so again Thank You and I will go back and edit to our new cabin number. WooHoo!!! (still can't believe it!!!!)[/quote']

The best way to tell if it is real is to go back to your pre-registration. You can't edit cabin # but the new one should be there.

Enjoy -

we sailed the STAR this past February and enjoyed it so much - that's why we booked it to sail 2/06. 2/05 we sailed w/family 'n friends and didn't have the time to do all the things we really wanted. This time, we are going alone and hopeful to investigate all those speciality restaurants, spa, etc. I guess our best 'review' is that we are going again :rolleyes: - It's a long flight from PHL to LAX but used miles to upgrade to up front which helps a bunch. Also, using points to stay 1 nt pre in the Westin at LAX, so we'll start out fresh on the 13th (learned that from last yr - too long to fly coast-to-coast to catch a 4P sail away). I think with the itinerary changes we now sail at 6P. We've enjoyed 4 cruises within 12 months. Each one was great and each ship had a little something special that the others lacked. I think what we like the best from the STAR is freestyle + the lap pool in the spa. Hope we won't be disappointed.... Anyone joining us 2/13/06????? We already have 17 chatting on another thread and are hopeful NCL will give us a little party.

We are going to buy into the Platinum program in Feb.

Question: Can I assume thes future hotel/resort credits can only be used at the NCL hotels/resorts that are listed for the pre/post cruise stays?

Question: I read in Monte's post that there was a 6 month payment plan for the Platinum program, do you have any details on this?

Thanks,

:)

We are going to buy into the Platinum program in Feb.

Question: Can I assume thes future hotel/resort credits can only be used at the NCL hotels/resorts that are listed for the pre/post cruise stays?

Question: I read in Monte's post that there was a 6 month payment plan for the Platinum program, do you have any details on this?

Thanks,

:)

Monte sent me pdfs of the material - No details on the payment plan but the order form shows an option of $650 down on the Platinum Plan.

WooHoo!!I took your advice and called NCL/asked for Upsell Department. Was told not only could I cancel my already-final-paid 1st reservation (yes' date=' do lose the original $125 on board credit), but because of a "resident promotion" (huh???) I am now getting a AG (mini) for $640 less than I had paid for the BC. I am doubtful this is real until I get the e-mail confirmation AND I see that $640 credit show up on my credit card. So forget Loyalty Programs - this is better:D Thanks, [b']Monte[/b]! Somebody please tell me this is believeable...

good for you, im still waiting for my call from the upsell fairy..

i called NCL yesterday just to check, nothing,,

oh well,,

were also in a balcony cate BD

waiting to get a penthouse or a mini,, :)

happy cruising

good for you, im still waiting for my call from the upsell fairy..

i called NCL yesterday just to check, nothing,,

oh well,,

were also in a balcony cate BD

waiting to get a penthouse or a mini,, :)

happy cruising

Will look forward to your review - we sail 2/13 in our mini - have never enjoyed anything higher than a mini, but "penthouse" has a nice ring to it:rolleyes:

BTW-I attended several sessions about this plan. I seemed to keep coming up with questions after a session had ended (they seem to have one or two sessions almost every day listed in the Freestyle Daily). I know I could've just gone to the Latitudes desk and asked, but they didn't have free champagne there ;) .

-Monte

It's a salesmans ploy, get em drunk and then get their money ;)

Ahhhh...remember, the fish swim forward!

Can anyone shed more light on the hotel/resort credit portion of the platinum package? Must these be used within or on certain dates, or must the cost of the stay be a certain amount in order to use them?

Thanks for any info you may have.

Archived