NCL Bonus Rewards Program

mbisson

I just found out that the colleges that we will be paying (lots) next year accept credit cards. Will NCL honor the points in large lump sums like that? Does the charge have to be on the card a minimum amount of time?

250 max points a month - that equates to $8000 in charges. I put 2 boys thru colege on the card. Just break up the payments to max points. No minimum time the charge has to be on the card.

I just found out that the colleges that we will be paying (lots) next year accept credit cards. Will NCL honor the points in large lump sums like that? Does the charge have to be on the card a minimum amount of time?

No min amount of time (as long as they're on a statement) BUT there is a monthly (and annual) max of points that can be earned. I'm sure someone will post what that amount is as I don't recall. One work around from the max amounts they allow is to have more than one card.

-Monte

No min amount of time (as long as they're on a statement) BUT there is a monthly (and annual) max of points that can be earned. I'm sure someone will post what that amount is as I don't recall. One work around from the max amounts they allow is to have more than one card.

-Monte

250 a mouth 1000 a year unless you have more then one account:)

I found a place or two that there weren't any fish! I had to sit in the hallway and cry.

-Monte

But I bet you looked elegant doing it. And festive--even crying looks better on vacation.

I usually can find my way around a ship quickly, but for some reason the Jewel really threw me last month. I was most grateful for the fish tip. About midweek, I finally noticed that the midship stair carpet is purple, but if I recall correctly, both the forward and aft stairs are blue. NCL may think that no passenger would be stupid enough ever to confuse the forward and aft stairway, but NCL would be, er, wrong.

But I bet you looked elegant doing it. And festive--even crying looks better on vacation.

I usually can find my way around a ship quickly, but for some reason the Jewel really threw me last month. I was most grateful for the fish tip. About midweek, I finally noticed that the midship stair carpet is purple, but if I recall correctly, both the forward and aft stairs are blue. NCL may think that no passenger would be stupid enough ever to confuse the forward and aft stairway, but NCL would be, er, wrong.

Two nights even with the fish I found myself standing outside the door to an AA forward instead of my aft AE. :o

Can the fee for the program be paid with MBNA certificates?

I don't think that would work. Some on the boards have said that the cruise must be completed prior to the certs expiring (1 year). Since you have 2.5 years to cruise that wouldn't be possible unless you forget the 2.5 years and cruise within 1 year. HOWEVER-I have paid my deposit on a cruise and then used certificates later and had the deposit refunded. For instance, if the cruise totals $1000 (I know, that never happens ;) ) you pay $500 deposit and later send 2 $500 certificates the $500 deposit can be refunded to your credit card. However, if the cruise total is $750, and you send in 2 $500 certificates they will only refund $250 to the card so you lose money. I hope this reply is clearer than mud.

Have I confused you enough?

-Monte

Another interesting note...I had already booked my transatlantic cruise and paid a deposit before my cruise last week. I did the Bonus Rewards because it even applied to the cruise I had already booked. So I ended up with $100 for a cruise I was already taking.

That's good to know as we will hopefully have booked our next cruise (Baltics on the Dream) before our Dawn cruise in April.

I don't suppose anyone knows about how this applies to non-US customers? We will probably book our Baltics cruise directly with NCL UK which means that we will have paid our deposit in Pounds Sterling (£100 per person). Interested to know how they would treat the US$ deposit. Happy with the OBC as all on board costs are in US$.

here's another NCL-zinger:

I booked "next cruise" whilst cruising - oi vey' date=' what a deal I was told! paid for a BC and assigned a BA. Yes, twas good pricing; however, I wish now to upgrade to a mini suite (cause they are pricing nicely due to not $elling). I am told the following: "it will cost you the difference between what you paid for the BC to the normal pricing of a AF (not the "deal" currently advertised, but the regular rate w/o discount) *and*, yes, you will lose the $125 shipboard credit you got for booking on board! And, for this, NCL wants my loyalty???? Thank you, but I prefer my Diamond status on RCI - at least Open Bar 5P - 8:30P more than compensates me for my loyalty, never mind the fantastic coupons, gifts, etc.! AND, they give a wonderful Meet 'n Mingle party! Love [i']Freestyle[/i], but money talks! Phoey on punishing me because I booked early and they had my money all this time....I would have been better off to wait for a last minute deal to get that mini suite!

That isn't totally accurate...I booked my upcoming NCL cruise while onboard my last cruise; booked a BD and was upgraded to a BB and given $125 onboard credit. I got the same call to upgrade to an AF mini suite. I specifically asked if my pre-arranged on board credit would carry over and was told yes. When I agreed to upgrade to the mini suite, I had NCL reservations immediately fax the confirmation. True, the confirmation did not show my $125 on board credit...I called back; apparently, there is something manual that the reservationist had to do (but didn't do in my case). The person I spoke to this second time, did do whatever had to be done and faxed me an updated confirmation that showed my new mini suite stateroom and my on board credit from having booked my cruise while still on another one. Additionally, I knew I had planned on going on the particular cruise I had booked...I had researched prices both on NCL's website, the airline that I use, even the Entertainment Book and none of the prices for the cruise, tax and port charges combined were better than the price I was given when booking on-board.

Yes, Mbisson,

You have totally confused me. I understand about using the MBNA certificates for a cruise. I have done it multiple times with great success. I always pay the deposit and then get it credited back to my card when I pay for the entire cruise with the certificates.

My question is, can you pay for the Lattitudes program fee with MBNA certificates?

Yes, Mbisson,

You have totally confused me. I understand about using the MBNA certificates for a cruise. I have done it multiple times with great success. I always pay the deposit and then get it credited back to my card when I pay for the entire cruise with the certificates.

My question is, can you pay for the Lattitudes program fee with MBNA certificates?

Hi Gary,

I'm guessing that the answer would be no that you can't pay for the Lattitudes program with MBNA certificates, although that would be great for me. From what I have read/heard the Lattitudes program fee must be paid for while on the ship, with the possible exception of the platnium payment plan. We can pay for the Lattitudes program with our MBNA NCL credit card and then combine the Lattitudes program cruise booking with MBNA NCL certificates for payment.

:)

Yes, Mbisson,

You have totally confused me.

Sorry, I'll try to restate: I don't believe it's possible, because you have 2.5 years to cruise under the bonus program (gold), AND if you were to use the coupon for the payment of the program, the cruise would need to be completed prior to the coupons expiring (1 year).

Plus (as said above) you would need to have the coupon with you when you board the ship, which would restrict further just how long you would have to complete the "new" cruise.

Furthermore, I don't believe even deposits are to be paid with a coupon. Aren't they to be sent in with final payment? In essence this program is just a prepaid deposit (with a few perks to get you to prepay)

This is just a guess, and I honestly doubt anyone has asked ncl that question.

-Monte

Archived