Summit cruise line room 1615 (suite)

Airrace

Are there any lifeboats below the balcony. We have heard that the are below and could obstruct your view looking straight down.

Are you certain that you have the ship name and/or the cabin number citation correct? I'm not aware of a 1600 series of cabin numbers on any of the Millennium-Class ships [Constellation, Infinity, Millennium and Summit]...

The Solstice-Class ships [Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection, Silhouette and Solstice] do have a 1600 series of cabin numbers on, interestingly enough, Deck 11 and some of those cabins are suites... On Solstice-Class ships, the lifeboats are on Deck 5; there is no obstruction of view [or virtually no obstruction of view; from that distance you would be measuring it with a micrometer] looking down...

Don't know the suite category associated with 1615... Photos on the Celebrity website--for your selected suite category--should be quite accurate [perhaps, mirror reverse]...

We are sailing on the Summit class ship in 1615.

Don't want to come across as argumentative, but there are no staterooms in the 1600 cabin numbering series on any Millennium-Class ship [summit is a Millennium-Class ship]...

As noted in my earlier post, I very strongly suspect that you are instead sailing on one of the Solstice-Class ships [as enumerated above] and that my comments relative to downward view stand...

After more than 400 cruise days on Celebrity, I know their ships inside and out!

Edited by Xport

Are there any lifeboats below the balcony. We have heard that the are below and could obstruct your view looking straight down.

Photos of the suite would also be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The answer us yes. There is an obstruction under that sky suite. We were in that suite in Sep/Oct on the New England/Canada cruise.

If it's not a lifeboat it is other equipment that blocks the view directly down to the ocean.

Not an issue for us but some people like to look straight down to the water.

We were in 6116 which is directly opposite on the Starboard side. It looks like both sides of the ship are very similar so while these photos are not of your exact cabin you may find them helpful as your view will probably be similar. As you can see, looking directly down your view is blocked, but looking toward the aft you have a clearer view and looking out down through the glass below the rail you do look at the top of a lifeboat, but you still have a good view of the water. We had no problems and booked the same cabin 2 years in a row. Sorry for the small photos, but I had a hard time sizing them to allow for the upload.

1427528993_20160327_073855(640x480)(320x240).jpg.8f597033015e58bf54cfefd9e9337cbe.jpg

156715273_20160329_172250(640x395)(320x198).jpg.ec923c6fd0992afc0880a289dda4d0bd.jpg

1607936975_20160330_171124(320x240).jpg.0e299b6c124b1aa737242ecc1c24417b.jpg