St Thomas and St Maarten excursions

ucbears22

I love the Beach, @ St Thomas go to Magens Bay, at St Maarten I love Orient Beach but after Hurricanes there is only the beach, ships shorex now go to Simpson bay

After the morning in the beach, we return to the ship for lunch, then go to port again for a walking and shopping near the pier.

If you're adventurous, the Screamin' Eagle jet boat ride in St. Thomas is a lot of fun and departs right from the pier. Everyone doing the beach thing in St. Thomas will head to Magen's Bay, which for me is enough reason to avoid it. I've spent a few weeks in St. Thomas and I enjoyed Sapphire Beach on the east end near where the Red Hook ferry departs. It seems to stay nice and quiet if you're just wanting to relax on a beach. If you're a golfer, St. Thomas has a great golf course called Mahogany Run. If you book through a ship that will likely run you $400+ for 18 holes, but you can always just take a taxi to the course and pay regular rates. That will run $125 to $165 with cart depending on the time of year...figure in another $50 if you need clubs, and $15 for shoes.

I've only been to St. Maarten once, but really enjoyed using Bernard's Tours. Took me on a long (4-5 hrs if I recall) tour of both sides of the islands with a stop for shopping and lunch if you wanted, as well as a stop at a beach, and specifically another at Maho Beach to watch planes for 30-45 minutes. That one was only about $40-45 I believe.