Noise on Deck 3 from Torshavn and the theatre?

Nicci1

I think you must have been in DV grade cabin or above rooty. Deec was referring to V grade where there is no restocking but can be good value as it is otherwise very much like DV. The other main difference between V and DV is no advance booking on excursions or dining which may be an issue for some.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Forums mobile app

I think you must have been in DV grade cabin or above rooty. Deec was referring to V grade where there is no restocking but can be good value as it is otherwise very much like DV. The other main difference between V and DV is no advance booking on excursions or dining which may be an issue for some.

You can book excursions in advance, but not dinner reservations. If you have the silver spirit beverage package then you do get liquor and soda restocked. No coffee machine or binoculars. But you can have room service bring coffee in am.

You can book excursions in advance, but not dinner reservations. If you have the silver spirit beverage package then you do get liquor and soda restocked. No coffee machine or binoculars. But you can have room service bring coffee in am.

True, but that's an extra charge---still cheaper than the hundreds of dollars increase for DV and that would also buy a lot of soda and the like. And let's not forget the cashmere blanket as a perk. And there seems to be an issue of size on the binoculars but they were like the ones that I brought and even with the purchase it still came out cheaper than the price increase. Of course the coffee maker seems to be a perk that just seems to be in the way for many and is disposed of in one way or the other. The dinner reservations are really not a problem. The paid excursions that are offered are usually available in one form or another at the port city if you can't book the ships version. A slight inconvenience of having to make your own arrangements and figuring out the logistics but you will probably have the perk of saving some money.

Oh, you're right. It was a DV. I forgot that the V's don't get their fridges restocked.

True, but that's an extra charge---still cheaper than the hundreds of dollars increase for DV and that would also buy a lot of soda and the like. And let's not forget the cashmere blanket as a perk. And there seems to be an issue of size on the binoculars but they were like the ones that I brought and even with the purchase it still came out cheaper than the price increase. Of course the coffee maker seems to be a perk that just seems to be in the way for many and is disposed of in one way or the other. The dinner reservations are really not a problem. The paid excursions that are offered are usually available in one form or another at the port city if you can't book the ships version. A slight inconvenience of having to make your own arrangements and figuring out the logistics but you will probably have the perk of saving some money.

If we could, we would book Vs, not DVs. So far, however, they've been booked by the time we decide on a cruise, even if it's months and months away. In the DVs we seldom use the coffee maker and binoculars (husband brings his own out of habit after cruising on other lines), and only drink maybe a fourth of the sodas. I do generally eat one of the small candies each day, but if they weren't there to tempt me, I suspect I'd do just fine. I think the Vs are located at each end of the ship, which some people don't like. However, all things considered, if a person is not all that particular about things, the Vs are probably just fine. In the future, I'll book them if I can, as I'd rather spend the money in the ports, not on the ships.