Stateroom Upgrades

OKCowboy

We have a stateroom assigned on our upcoming cruise. I see there are still unsold staterooms and wonder if anyone has ever received an upgraded stateroom upon boarding. I note on other threads that some who have guaranteed reservations might get an upgrade.

We are leaving on the Viking Star this Thursday and originally we booked a V1 veranda room, last week we received and email from Viking asking if we wanted to upgrade to a PV1 penthouse veranda room for a very reasonable cost. We did the upgrade and are very excited to be leaving this Wednesday for Barcelona

You can always go to Guest Services upon boarding (check-in off the ship doesn't handle this; you must do it when on the ship) and inquire. They'll look up all their availabilities for you and let you know. We did this last week but the ship was full so no luck for us.

We are leaving on the Viking Star this Thursday and originally we booked a V1 veranda room, last week we received and email from Viking asking if we wanted to upgrade to a PV1 penthouse veranda room for a very reasonable cost. We did the upgrade and are very excited to be leaving this Wednesday for Barcelona

Wow. I purchased the guaranteed cabin but they still put me in the V2 cabin. I guess I’ll just hang out by the pool. Lol