Question about WiFi plans for T-Mobile customers

globetrotterjay

Hi y’all! We have the TMobile One plan. Looking to purchase internet for our entire 6 day cruise (Boyfriend needs to stay in touch with work unfortunately). Do any of the plans support TMobile WiFi calling, or just the premium? Don’t care about surfing the web while on vaca, but also don’t wanna purchase the wrong package.

Thanks for the help!

Call TMobile...If your a TMobile One Plan customer you can get unlimited text, data and .20/call/min for up to 140 countries. You will get International Roaming...Not sure if this is included as part of your regular plan or you need to add on and then drop when your back

Kind of accepting we’ll have to pay whatever roaming fee to make calls. On Carnival’s website it states, “For precise rates you will pay onboard, please contact your carrier’s international roaming department directly to confirm their Cruise Ship Roaming Rates for voice calls, texting, and data if applicable.”

So giving TMobile a call to see what that rate is... let’s hope it’s not too killer!

I don't think there is any.... My son cruised last year and paid $15/day thru another carrier (setup before he left) and that was all he paid (assuming he stayed within his plan and data limits)...No charges added onto his Carnival bill?? However...he could have just been calling/texting while on each island

Geesh! Got some answers. For TMobile One charges $5.99 a minute for calls and texts are 50 cents. When at port that is discounted by a whopping 20 cents. And to think excursions are expensive����

That doesn't seem right... Would be cheaper to call using the ships roaming.???? I think you need to add the International plan onto your existing service.... Not sure what that cost is. I too am with T Mobile and just reviewed options on their web site

Hi y’all! We have the TMobile One plan. Looking to purchase internet for our entire 6 day cruise (Boyfriend needs to stay in touch with work unfortunately). Do any of the plans support TMobile WiFi calling, or just the premium? Don’t care about surfing the web while on vaca, but also don’t wanna purchase the wrong package.

Thanks for the help!

Kind of accepting we’ll have to pay whatever roaming fee to make calls. On Carnival’s website it states, “For precise rates you will pay onboard, please contact your carrier’s international roaming department directly to confirm their Cruise Ship Roaming Rates for voice calls, texting, and data if applicable.”

So giving TMobile a call to see what that rate is... let’s hope it’s not too killer!

I have heard of rates from $1 to $2.50 per minute. Hope the calls are short. Should be a reimbursabable business expense if he must call... so get approval from the employer first. If it is not reimbursed then it is not required in which case he can blow it off.

That doesn't seem right... Would be cheaper to call using the ships roaming.???? I think you need to add the International plan onto your existing service.... Not sure what that cost is. I too am with T Mobile and just reviewed options on their web site

You can not make calls roaming or not at sea unless you use Carnival at Sea which is only $1.99 a minute. There are no satellite towers at sea. We have used wifi calling with the premium plan and it did work albeit slow. We also tried Skype, we got the audio but no video.