Currency question....

We are on the Mariner of the Seas leaving Singapore Feb 8. We have 3 ship sponsored tours booked in Vietnam and Thailand. All of the tours include lunch.

Will the tours include drinks? If not, will we need a small amount of local currency for this, and maybe a few souvenirs? Or will they accept $AU or $SIN?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Forums mobile app

We are on the Mariner of the Seas leaving Singapore Feb 8. We have 3 ship sponsored tours booked in Vietnam and Thailand. All of the tours include lunch.

Will the tours include drinks? If not, will we need a small amount of local currency for this, and maybe a few souvenirs? Or will they accept $AU or $SIN?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Forums mobile app

If lunch is at a local restaurant than the only free beverage usually is just Hot Tea or bottled water. If it's a boxed lunch there's usually a bottle of water included. Make certain you and only you crack the seal on the bottled water otherwise refuse it when it's brought top the table. Same when ordering a can of soda .

You can go to guest services on board ship and exhange for local currency for that day. Suggest you do that a couple days prior to the port arrival.

If purchasing souveners at a main store paying with a credit card is an option . Have no experience with $AU but having worked throughout Asia, when buying from Street Vendors or the local stall markets most venders will except small denominations of US$. Nothing larger than a USA $5 ( they prefer USA $1.00) Usually you won't get change back but if you do it will be in local currency. For all 3 ports on just about every block in the tourist district there is a Money Exchange. Most of these are individually owned so don't assume the rates are the same between exchanges. It's important to note the exchanges in the tourist district don't have the best exchange rate as they have a captive audience of tourists wanting to exchange fast. Depending on your credit card company you often get a better exchange rate through a bank ATM provided you don't have to pay withdrawal fee.