Foods/Desserts for No-Sugar Folks??

joyciegirl

We are cruising Caribbran Princess from Ft. Lauderdale,leaving on Oct. 2nd. This is our first cruise. Neither of us can eat sugar (oh dang!)...we are not diabetic, but I was hoping that cruise ships offer foods for deabetics... low carb...low sugar. Do they? If you have tried them...are they good?

Joyciegirl

If I plan it...he will go!

I'll be they will be ready for plenty of requests like yours! I am on South Beach and can have some low-glycemic index carbs (certain fruits and whole grains in moderation) and look forward to seeing what they come up with when I cruise in July on Coral Princess.

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01

Coral Princess '04

Plenty of sugar-free options, not to worry icon_wink.gif

Vicki

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

Radiance 6/2002

Radiance 10/2002

Brilliance 11/2003

[/b]

LEGEND OF THE SEAS - September 26, 2004

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Cruise Europe 2005 (CC Group Cruise)- June 5, 2005 on the Brilliance

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Hi joyciegirl,

I am a diabetic and have been very disappointed in the lack of sugar free desserts. No ice cream or pies or any offering other that fruit. I was hoping with the atkins and South Beach diets being so popular there will be more low carb offerings. Of course sugar free does not mean calorie free! Good luck. icon_smile.gif

Emma

Westerdam 91

Rhapsody of the Seas 00

Radiance of the Seas 01

Mercury 02

Serenade of the Seas 04

• 1 month later...

Late into this thread but as the saying is better late than never. Princess offer at least one sugar free desert a night in the dining room and usually 2 at Horizon Court. All nicely presented. Not quite the caliber of the mousses but very edible

My wife IS a diabetic and her favorites are:

Century -- sugarfree chocolate mousse

Summit -- sugarfree apple pie

Ask your waiter once and they'll make sure they have it (or a substitute of your choice) for you every night.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Princess sugar-free desserts are wonderful - very innovative and attractively displayed and served. :)

We were on the Regal this summer and they had some great sugar free desserts. We don't normally do sugar free, but my husband ordered sugar free key lime pie one night and strawberry shortcake another night. Both were wonderful. You couldn't even tell they were sugar free.

• 5 weeks later...

I notice that you were on the old Westerdam. I just recently sailed on the new Westerdam. They had usually three sugar free deserts along with sugar free ice cream. Usually, one of the sugar free deserts was jello. But the others were rather good.

Oh the cruiselines have FINALLY come out with some wonderful sugar-free/no sugar added desserts. I've had some truly good stuff; probably sweetened with Splenda because that bakes much better than aspartame...anyway, not to worry...I'm sure you'll find plenty of sugar free/low carb options! Have fun eating!!:o

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived