I'm Sticking with Princess

WeBeGone

Just returned from the 3 night Costa Magica. The ship was beautiful and the cruise inexpensive, but with the horrible food, undrinkable coffee, slow service, and a near riot at the disembarkation, I'll stick with Princess. I posted a review on the Costa site.

It sounds like it wasn't such a bad cruise, except for the disembarkation fiasco. We ran into a something sort of similar last year when getting off Grand Princess. The staff were looking for some people who had been caught on camera stealing or damaging artwork, among other things and were closely inspecting cruise cards at the gangplank. There were a few complaints but nothing too serious. The real fights were taking place outside the terminal, but that's another story.

Thanks for posting your comments. They were interesting to read.

Aren't short cruises like that as a general not very good? That's what I keep hearing.

Generally, the only thing that's not very good about short cruises is that they're short. We've done a number of repositioning cruises on Princess and some RT 3-nighters on RCCL and have always had a splendid time. The food, service and amenities are the same as a longer cruise, just not for long enough!

I've been on 3- and 4-night cruises and found them to be just like long cruises. A short cruise doesn't necessarily mean bad food and coffee. We just got back from a 7 night Celebrity cruise with bad food and coffee.

We're going to try and book mainly with Princess from now on, not so much because of the food and coffee but more because we find we have a really good time on Princess and that's what a vacation's all about!

Marly

Archived