Do you have to buy vacation protection for everyone in the room?

scarsue

I am going on a cruise with 2 other people and only 2 of us are interested in getting the Carnival vacation protection but there's not an option to do add it individually and makes me add it for all 3 of us. Is there a way only 2 of us can get it? Also, is there a way to add it at a later time and not when you book?

I'm not sure about the Carnival Plan...But I booked a 3rd party plan for my last cruise in November and only got a policy for myself... I was more concerned with medical coverage and they have options to cover specific areas if you do not want a comprehensive plan. And yes...you can get a policy right up to your cruise. I got mine 1 week before leaving

my son booked for him and his girlfriend and was able to only purchase vacation protection for her. he called Carnival to book. On the Carnival website under manage my booking, it gives you the option to add vacation protection by guest.

I am going on a cruise with 2 other people and only 2 of us are interested in getting the Carnival vacation protection but there's not an option to do add it individually and makes me add it for all 3 of us. Is there a way only 2 of us can get it? Also, is there a way to add it at a later time and not when you book?

I just tried this recently. I only wanted for my dad and the agent stated-- i need to cover the cabin

IF my dad cancelled and the other person did not have the insurance they would need to pay the single supplement.

so if only two got the insurance and the 3rd did not -- you may have to move cabins

Insurance is not that expensive

Booking insurance now will be cheaper then later. Booking it as soon as you book covers pre existing conditions.