Belize with 15 month old

msuweather

Hello fellow travelers -

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what to do in Belize with a 15 month old. We have been to Belize a few years ago and didn't really care for it. (more situational - it rained all day, took this crazy boat ride, and I fell at the ruins)

My plan was to probably stay on board for Belize and venture out at our other stops, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had a suggestion.

And yes, I know, many folks have opinions on children and cruising, but this is our family vacation. :D

Many thanks in advance!

Hello fellow travelers -

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what to do in Belize with a 15 month old. We have been to Belize a few years ago and didn't really care for it. (more situational - it rained all day, took this crazy boat ride, and I fell at the ruins)

My plan was to probably stay on board for Belize and venture out at our other stops, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had a suggestion.

And yes, I know, many folks have opinions on children and cruising, but this is our family vacation. :D

Many thanks in advance!

I think it probably rains in a lot of countries

Thanks for the super unhelpful reply. Yes, I'm aware it rains everywhere (I'm a Meteorologist, by the way) and I know Belize is mostly rainforest. The issue was more falling at the ruins and the boat ride. Like I stated, more situational and not a hit on Belize.

I think it probably rains in a lot of countries

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely check this out. Did you take a taxi to the Eco Park? If so, about how much did it cost? Also, did you take your car seat? I just keep reading about the lack of seat belts, but we plan to use our car seat in Cozumel.

Appreciate you!

I cruised with my 11 month old just two weeks ago and we did the Bacab Eco Park with him and my nieces that are 2 and 4. They have a kiddie pool and the big pool had an area where my 11 month crawled while in the pool. They had a blast in both pools.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely check this out. Did you take a taxi to the Eco Park? If so, about how much did it cost? Also, did you take your car seat? I just keep reading about the lack of seat belts, but we plan to use our car seat in Cozumel.

Appreciate you!

You're all P wasn't quite as rational as your follow-up

Appreciate you!

We did the excursion with Carnival. Do not really trust just taking a cab in Belize. It was not at all expensive compared to other excursions with Carnival. I believe it was between 40-50 dollars and it includes the bus ride, lunch and the two pools. Extras can always be added at Park (horseback riding and kayak). No car seat needed since it was on the bus. Just rode on our laps. He was not the only infant on the excursion and other did the same.

Thank you, I'll definitely check that out!

We did the excursion with Carnival. Do not really trust just taking a cab in Belize. It was not at all expensive compared to other excursions with Carnival. I believe it was between 40-50 dollars and it includes the bus ride, lunch and the two pools. Extras can always be added at Park (horseback riding and kayak). No car seat needed since it was on the bus. Just rode on our laps. He was not the only infant on the excursion and other did the same.