Removing things from the in-room fridge

Schplinky

On RCL, the room attendants were quite cheerful about emptying our room fridge so we could keep bottled water and soda there. Is this the same on X? It's funny because we don't mind spending hundreds or thousands on a vacation but there's something about a buck fifty for a soda that rubs me the wrong way. LOL!

Here is a TIP if you are on a Milli class ship:

Don't store any cans or other rolling things in the gap on the top of the frig below the TV stand. When the ship moves, they roll and land in the dead space behind the frig (which is at a 45 degree angle to the wall). Then, as the ship rolls, you will hear the can roll-thunk, roll thunk, roll-thunk.

The good news is they can remove the frig and get the fallen items back. The bad news is that it takes power tools.

If you are in CC class and above, you can order fresh squeezed juices and keep them in the fring until it's time for a pre-dinner cocktail in your room.

We just cleaned out the fridge and put the items in the drawer above the fridge until the last day. Everything fit and it was easy to do ourselves.

I'd rather ask the attendant to do it so they don't inadvertantly [presuming I am a binger] replenish it and then bill me, requiring me to have the items removed from my bill. :eek:

When the whole fridge is stocked with water and coke, there is no where for them to put new stuff! Also, if they opened the fridge cabinet, they can see the items in the drawer on top. If you feel better having them do it, they will with no problems.

there have been reports that if you remove it yourself you will be charged even though it's obvious you just took it out and didn't open anything.

Is there so much stuff cramed in there that you can't get a few extras of your own in there?

there have been reports that if you remove it yourself you will be charged even though it's obvious you just took it out and didn't open anything.

Is there so much stuff cramed in there that you can't get a few extras of your own in there?

Yes it is crammed that full. Then when it's all replaced on the last day and it appears that nothing has been moved, will it be credited back?

The good news is they can remove the frig and get the fallen items back. The bad news is that it takes power tools.

If you are in CC class and above, you can order fresh squeezed juices and keep them in the fring until it's time for a pre-dinner cocktail in your room.

Two things to add here. I was on Infinity recently and pulled the fridge out myself to try to find a temperature adjustment dial - with no luck. The point is that I pulled it out myself and replaced it with no power tools at all. I had asked the CC cabin steward to take everything out so I could put in what I wanted. Unfortunately, don't expect anything to be really cold. The fridges just don't work that well. The only useful purpose I found for it was to keep a bottle of champagne chilled if it was put on ice in a champagne bucket and left in the fridge all day to enjoy with dinner.

The fridge is a convenience, but don't expect it to work like your appliances at home.

Two things to add here. I was on Infinity recently and pulled the fridge out myself to try to find a temperature adjustment dial - with no luck. The point is that I pulled it out myself and replaced it with no power tools at all.
As the poster above noted, the shelf above the fridge has a diagonal vent space for the fridge way in the back, and what can roll into it will. Last December on the Summit we couldn't get the room steward to remove the goods, so that's where I put them. Had the same experience with things rolling back and down behind the fridge. Our fridge was bolted to the base of the cabinet. While power tools wouldn't have been a must, a good socket wrench certainly would have been. That was the 2nd cruise where I was unable to convince the steward to take it all away.

This most recent cruise, we a SS on Galaxy, and there's lots of cabinet space above the fridge (sort of a mini-pantry) and it all got loaded there instead.

On the Millie last week our steward would not empty the frig. This was no problem two years ago on the Infinity. We put the cans from the top shelf in the drawer just above the frig, which he said to do. That gave us some room for cokes and water. However, the frig was barely below room temperature.

Hi there...

A couple of cents worth here...

I was on Merc a few weeks ago and it was no prob for them to remove the items from the fridge.

What we did was prior to leaving home was to purchase one or two of those larger bottles of Aqua Fina water with the large mouth and lots of Crystal light (or the generic equivilent). Since the ship produces its own water (and mighty good at that), we just asked the room steward to keep our ice buckets and caraffe's (they gave us two) full. That way we always had either fresh ice and or water. With the large mouth top, the ice cubes will fit nicely into the bottle! Plus, with one of those bottle insulators you get from Walgreens for a few bucks, you can carry it with you on shore excursions, etc. Doesn't cost half as much as the bottled stuff they sell and it's much tastier!

If you bring an extra one on board, you can always have one "chilled" in case your cabin steward forgets to refill your water/ice.

Just thought I'd share...

On Century last month, our room attendant left to get a bag & empty the fridge immediately upon our request. We didn't think to ask on Infinity in June, but were able to fit a few cans in anyway. As a side note, while the fridge on Infinity didn't get cold, the fridge on Century did have a control & chilled our drinks off nicely.

The fridge is definetly weight sensitive, the last body I put in there cost me 472 dollars, if I had to do it over again, I would have picked a slimmer, trimmer wife, but it's water under the bridge now!

See you guys in 20 to life!

Archived