Ncl cruise next

CRUISEDAV

What does Cruise Next really offer? I paid $500 for two deposits on my last cruise and at the time there was an additional 'offer' for those who booked a specific trip which I did. So far my deposits $500 (£382) have been placed against my next trip. Is this the sum total of the offer? In spite of Emailing NCL on several occasions I have received no confirmation or explanation. NCL - strong on advertising - weak on customer service.

I am surprised that fellow cruisers are so presumptuous and hostile. To quote precisely from the NCL brochure 'CruiseNext UP TO US $ 500 FREE' If you don't believe me I suggest you pick up and read the Brochure. And 'No I did not receive any credit on my bill' and yes I did pay $500 and received only the equivalent (£382) as a deposit on my future cruise. I have had no response from NCL to my Emails. I can't make it any clearer

Firstly, you need to check your final account from the cruise you bought the cruise next on. As stated above you should have received $250 back against the $500 you paid. That is the main benefit of buying them. If you didn’t receive the money back then I suspect you will have a hassle getting it refunded, because you should really have chased it onboard. However, I have never heard on anyone not receiving it, so I suspect it is there.

As for the extra for booking onboard, I believe that it is as casofilia says, a room upgrade, but only within the dame main category, so it would hardly be noticeable. My guess is that you will have been booked at a slightly lower rate, so you won’t easily notice the difference from looking at your documents. About £50 off I guess. I personally never bother booking onboard as the extra you save isn’t worth the potential hassles that may occur. We just buy the deposits and book at home.

I am surprised that fellow cruisers are so presumptuous and hostile. To quote precisely from the NCL brochure 'CruiseNext UP TO US $ 500 FREE' If you don't believe me I suggest you pick up and read the Brochure. And 'No I did not receive any credit on my bill' and yes I did pay $500 and received only the equivalent (£382) as a deposit on my future cruise. I have had no response from NCL to my Emails. I can't make it any clearer

Certainly nobody is disbelieving what the brochure says. That’s why people have said you should have got the money back on your account. It’s an offer which NCL have been running for many years, and if you didn’t get it refunded then it is the first time I have seen that reported.

If it isn’t on your account then I would raise that with NCL, but prepare for a battle. As you say, the shoreside customer service can leave a lot to be desired.

If you booked via a travel agent then it may be worth getting them involved.

If you paid $500 then you bought 4 certs. You were charged $1000 and then credited $500

It's not rocket science ...but...buying the certs is always a good deal.

Just leave it at that and check for onboard bill as well as your ncl online account

You u fortunately are not clearly understanding how this works and you are not alone btw

There is no free money but what happens is they charge you half price...either $125 off if you buy more than 1 cert or $100 off if you buy just 1 cert.

4 X $250= $1000-$500=$500 final charge

2X $250=$500-$250=$250 final charge

1X$250=$250-$100=$150

THis is how it works. You were not overcharged ncl did not rip you off

All ncl is guilty of is not being able to clearly get this across to some pax

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you paid $500 then you bought 4 certs. You were charged $1000 and then credited $500

It's not rocket science ...but...buying the certs is always a good deal.

Just leave it at that and check for onboard bill as well as your ncl online account

You u fortunately are not clearly understanding how this works and you are not alone btw

There is no free money but what happens is they charge you half price...either $125 off if you buy more than 1 cert or $100 off if you by multiple certs up to 4 certs max

4 X $250= $1000-$500=$500

2X $250=$500-$250=$250

THis is how it works. You were not overcharged ncl did not rip you off

All ncl is guilty of is not being able to clearly get this across to some pax

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They say they received £382 in deposits, which will be $500, so something looks not right.

I suppose it is possible that they in fact got 4 credits, 2 of which went against the booked cruise and 2 sitting on their account, which they haven’t noticed.

Unfortunately, in situations like this, as we don’t have access to all the documents/accounts we can only really speculate. That’s where a TA may be able to help if they are any good.

Of course, a response from NCL would be best, but that’s probably hoping for too much.

To quote precisely from the NCL brochure 'CruiseNext UP TO US $ 500 FREE' If you don't believe me I suggest you pick up and read the Brochure.

Yes you can get a refund (Free) of $500 IF you purchase 4 certificates. That is you are charged $1000 on your folio and get an immediate refund of $500 so the actual cost to you is $500.

NCL's talk of Free Money is their way of trying to get pax to spend the refund on board other than spending it on decreasing the cost of the certificates. The're not silly!!!

We've made this purchase multiple times over the past few years. Buying 2 cruise next certificates is billed at $500 on your account, the very next line item on the bill is always negative $250. As a result you only pay $250. The brochure is absolutely accurate. Had you decided to purchase 4 cruisenext certificates, the charge to your account, would have been $1000, with an immediate credit to your account, on the next line item, of $500( per the brochure). As long as you kept your bill from the last cruise, this should be easy proof, if you didn't get the credit. In all our cruises, I've never seen, or heard of them failing to apply the credit to the account, until now. That's how they sell them on every cruise. Good Luck.

The cruise next works like this: each certificate is worth $250. Two of them would be $500. Then they give you $250 as onboard credit to use on the cruise when you bought the certificates. In reality it is just a credit to your onboard account which makes the $500 you spent actually only cost $250. This is the main benefit to the cruise next certificates. You are saving money. That being said, if you are 100% sure that you did not get this $250, I would look over your onboard account final bill if you have it or try and get a copy and if you truly never received it then I would contact NCL. I’m going to guess that you did get it but just missed seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The on ship OBC is non-refundable and can not be used towards gratuities.

Possibly the OP wasn't able to use the his OBC since his folio only contained gratuity charges.

The OBC can be used against the purchase of the cruise next certificates, so it can always be used unless they already had OBC to purchase them.