Emerald deck suites on Sapphire

Need-a-vacation

We were in E-719 on the Diamond (sister ship, almost a twin) and really enjoyed it. The port side is directly above the dance floor & sound system for the nightclub (Club Fusion?) and some posters have reported that the bass bleeds through. There was nothing like that on the starboard side where we were. We did notice some vibration from the thrusters when we were coming into port, but it wasn't horrible. It actually was a good wakeup call so we could see our approach into Vancouver.

The covered decks are very nice if you don't want too much sun exposure. Going north to Alaska in May, we had sun until about noon, then shade for the rest of the day. I confess that I would have liked a bit more sun, and next time we're headed north we may risk the bass and book on the port side in order to have some afternoon sun.

If you have Traditional dining, you are just steps from the stairs leading down to the dining room. That was very convenient (of course, it's many flights up to the Horizon Court, but it's good exercise)!

well, I went ahead and booked it. E725 for 2/11. I wouldn't have even thought about noise coming up through the floor -- I was thinking more of noises from above. Glad I ended up on starboard side -- boom-boom bass can annoy me if it goes on late at night.

We chose Personal Choice dining. But the proximity of the dining room -- does that mean we'll have all the traditional diners parading past our room?

Is the movement that far aft a problem?

You won't have a parade of hungry diners. You'll be aft of the stairwell, which is in the center of the ship, so they won't have any reason to come down the hall to your room, no worries!

We had such smooth seas going to Vancouver that I couldn't tell you what happens when it's rough. On prior cruises we've been more midships & on Dolphin Deck and never had a problem, so I don't imagine you will, either. Being one deck lower should help.

Have a great time!

Thanks for the info. I didn't see any stairs nearby on the diagram, but I wondered if I was just missing something.

I'm not too worried about getting lots of sun. I'm from Arizona -- sun exposure is highly overrated!! But as a romantic second honeymoon sort of trip, I thought we might enjoy the increased privacy ;)

LOL!!! If we have neighbors on a cruise that are THAT bored, they need to get out of their cabin then!! Me eating bagels and coffee in my bathrobe just ain't that interesting ;) I wasn't planning on any nude sunbathing or anything really exotic.

And just what would possess anybody to work that hard to see what's going on in the next balcony??? :lol If you hear nookie noises from the balcony next to yours, do you REALLY want to know if you're right?

Thanks for the heads up though!

Archived