R.C. MAJESTY OF THE SEAS FOOD?

sweetave

It's been quite awhile since we've sailed on Majesty (10/02) and things can change. The food in the Windjammer was a step above a Golden Corral. The dining room food varied - some nights were very good, others OK. That is just my opinion though.

I really hope it's better than it was three years ago. At best it was mediocre on our four-day Caribbean cruise in June of 2001.

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01

Coral Princess '04

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going on the Majesty in September! I didn't pick the cruise based on food though, I liked the itinerary. Ones' preference for food is highly subjective, what one person hated another person may love! Maybe I'll "See you in September"!

We took the Majesty of the Seas 5 day cruise in May. It was our first, so we don't have anything to compare it to. We thought the food was great. Of course, we are big beef eaters and got steak or prime rib every night....very good and cooked just like I like it.....medium rare! Some of the people at our table got the turkey and dressing for some strange reason and said it was not very good. The appetizers, soups and desserts were also wonderful!

I was on Majesty last February, and I thought the food was pretty good. The Windjammer food was OK, laid out strangely, stations all over the place. Go to the back for nicer seating and emptier stations, people don't bother to even look past the first areas, and you can also climb upstairs (to the Mast Bar area) from that area and find more chairs. Lunch was better than breakfast which was sometimes cold, never had dinner there. I actually thought the dining room food was fairly decent (was in Mikado DR). Some darned good appetizers, and a couple of the main courses were excellent (prime rib, duck--which I asked for and got crispy--lamb, shrimp scampi). Hey, if you don't like something, ask for something else! Ate lunch one day in Mikado and and one of my best meals--some sort of seafood stew. Incidentally, don't forget about the Mast Bar--Pizza and hot dogs at all times, some sort of sweet late at night, and on the day of departure, they had great sandwiches and cookies laid out there for sailaway. Enjoy!

We were on the Majesty for a 4-day cruise in June. We ate in the dining room twice and in the Windjammer twice. We thought the food was great. Of course, anything I don't have to shop for, prepare, cook, put on the table, listen to complaints about, clean up after and wash the dishes is A-OK with me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was good, not outstanding, not amazing but solid and the dinner was delicious. I would not rate it with Ruth's Chris on land but better than Outback Steakhouse (I eat beef most nights out). The duck was excellent but I do not know if they are currently serving that.

• 3 months later...

2 past cruises and 1 future cruise on the Majesty. July 2004 most recent. Had 2 teenage boys with me who would eat anything - and they ate everything. The salads were fine; cold, no wilted or brown lettuce. Remember 2 appetizers; scallops and shrimp cocktail both delicious. Duck a l'orange was nice, mahi mahi good. Steaks were a disappointment, flavorless. Prime rib was much better. Had a vegetarian selection one night - eggplant - was very tasty. Bread and rolls were on the stale side (early seating!). Desserts were abundant, if unexceptional - I'd rather have a Drambuie after dinner anyway. Not impressed with the cheese plate. Service was first class. Unlike 2001, did not have dinner in the Windjammer at all.

Took breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer. This has improved since 2001. Still a cafeteria buffet but better selection. There was a custom omelet station but it was very crowded. The welcome buffet and between-meals selection was greatly improved. Chicken & tuna salad sandwiches. Carving stations at the welcome lunch. Good cookies. Less reliance on hot dogs and tacos than earlier cruise. Pizza almost round the clock was new. Not the best pizza but that didn't stop my boys.

Hope this helps.:cool:

Archived