St Petersburg - P&O excursions or DIY

Swindonpete

:) Thank you -very helpful info. Sounds like a Tour is a must.

We did the Baltic last year and loved the whole trip. St Petersburg is just amazing with so much to see and do - we did the P&O Simply St Petersburg trip. Only words of caution - it’s a hugely popular destination for thousands of other tourists too so be prepared for long queues (often no seats) and slow walking at some of the palaces and museums, and be ready for the weather too as you won’t be undercover all the time. If you’re not good at being on your feet for long spells, perhaps consider a less intense tour. And pickpockets are rife - one of our party had his wallet taken from a zipped jacket pocket coming up out of the underground trip and felt nothing, so a cross body bag is best, no bling jewellery, minimal cash etc. just in case... But you’ll love the sights, the history and jaw dropping glitz of the palaces. Enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, We are off on a Baltic cruise this year and we’re wonder if it’s best to book P&O excursions or diy? Is it a long way into the centre from the cruise terminal etc etc. What are best excursions in people’s experiences. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance

Look at redsun-tours.com....we had the owner as a private guide last year and she has started her own company. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.....2 day tour ....long days but half the price of ships tours...and 10 times better...I can give you her personal email if interested.....if you want a private tour ...or minibus....visas sorted, entries to all the sights and first in any queues ....I have given it to a number of people on here and...."other places"and they are EXTREMELY happy with her prices....really worth an email...tell her I sent you lol

Look at redsun-tours.com....we had the owner as a private guide last year and she has started her own company. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.....2 day tour ....long days but half the price of ships tours...and 10 times better...I can give you her personal email if interested.....if you want a private tour ...or minibus....visas sorted, entries to all the sights and first in any queues ....I have given it to a number of people on here and...."other places"and they are EXTREMELY happy with her prices....really worth an email...tell her I sent you lol

Thanks for the insight & info. I'll have a look