Cabin upgrades???

Sorry if we are asking so many dumb questions. We are booked in room 8646 an e2 balcony on the Serenade Jan 21st. How do upgrades work. Are you upgraded when you are boarding??? Are you supposed to ask???Should I be happy with my room,level, and category??? Can you even get upgraded from there?? Alright done with the questions for the day.lol Thanks again for everyones help as always...we love it here.

Cabin Upgrade are not very common at all. Just make sure that you would be happy with the stateroom/category you booked. And then if you are lucky enough to get an upgrade, then all the better. You can always ask at the pier but chances are you would have to pay for it. Upgrages are usually selected pre-cruise and you will know by the time you get to the pier if you have been selected.

If you want to upgrade your cabin, you have to pay for it. The only cabins that would be "upgraded" would be those who booked guarantees for a certain type of cabin and don't have a cabin # assigned. Even with that though, it is still the same category cabin. Being on a higher deck would be the only "upgrade".

I'm still a relatively new cruiser - but the advice I was given early on here was to book the cabin I am going to be happiest with in the first place. In case an upgrade happens, it's only icing on an already sweet cake ;)

We have sailed 7 times on Royal. Next one coming up in January. Guarantee, or room assignment. Never upgraded. Have sailed Princess and Hal also. Princess, have had 3 upgrades. go figure. Same thing has happened to my friend with the equal amount of cruises on both.

I book what I want, and where I want to go. I am still waiting to be surprised with RCL....never happen. We always book balconies or mini suites. maybe that is the reason.

We are Diamond Plus members, having sailed 30 times with Royal Caribbean.

We were only upgraded twice from a cat. D1 to a Jr. Suite, when they had more than 5 upgrades available within 14 days of sailing. That was only done because of our Diamond Plus status.

Ginnie

Archived