Just booked the Holiday for June '06!

Cruise, J.D.

Hello everyone! Just got off the phone with the TA and my wife and I are booked for the June 10th sailing of the Holiday out of Mobile! This will be our second cruise; our first was the Carnival Conquest. We wanted to cruise again out of N.O., but unfortunately that will not be possible this coming summer.

I'm looking forward to trying out a smaller ship. The Conquest was awesome, but this should be a different experience. If you have any suggestions or tips for the Holiday or Mobile, they would be much appreciated. Happy sailing!

Another one who hasn't read the board guidelines. :rolleyes:

To quote: "Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time."

Haven't been on the Holiday, but have cruised her "sister", Celebration. We love the smaller ships. Fewer lines and feel less like a number. The layout for both ships is similar. You should know your way around pretty quick.

Have a great cruise!! :D

BTW- Do check the posting rules and whatnot. There are plenty of people here who cannot wait to bust someone for not knowing all of the policies for posting.

however, we have been on the Holiday twice in one year....so we must have had a great time. (Hubby has been on her 5 times) We have been on many Carnival ships (including the Conquest) and have had a great cruise on all.

One thing I have found about Carnival is that they are pretty consistant from ship to ship. And it has all been good. If you liked the menu on the Conquest, you will like the menu on the Holiday.

Be advised that since the Holiday is smaller that there are not as many "dining options" on the Lido deck...but you won't starve.

We were set to go out on her in October...but you all know why that was cancelled.

Go and have a great time.

I am set to cruise on the Conquest in Feb, so you will have to give me some tips ;) Its only fair!

LOL-We sailed out of Mobile on August 2005. I was disappointed to see there was no large. glitzy atrium, but I got over it real quick. The ship is a lot smaller than the ones I had been on, but I found it to be the biggest in terms of enjoyment! I loved the food! Was the best of my previous 2 cruises (Fantasy and Ecstasy)

The entertainment was pretty good.

Embarking and Debarking was awesome there, definatly the smoothest I have been through.

All in all, I had a great time and can't wait to get back on the Holiday! (is this the 5 day to Cozumel and Costa Maya? That was our itenerary and it was great as well!)

Miranda

Another one who hasn't read the board guidelines. :rolleyes:

To quote: "Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time."

Hey tef43, thanks for adding a useless bump to my thread without me having to violate the TOS again! I'm sure it helped to garner attention.

Thanks for the responses. :) I had to move our sail date to June 24th because of a family wedding I didn't know about :eek:

I am set to cruise on the Conquest in Feb, so you will have to give me some tips ;) Its only fair!

Ask away! We had a great time on the Conquest! Don't miss the sushi on deck 5 before dinner . . . it was primarily rolls of different sorts but it was fresh and a great way to kick start the night.

All in all, I had a great time and can't wait to get back on the Holiday! (is this the 5 day to Cozumel and Costa Maya? That was our itenerary and it was great as well!)

Yes, the itinerary is Costa Maya and Cozumel. Pretty sure we will snorkel in Cozumel, but still looking at options in Costa Maya. There appears to be a decent beach break through Island Marketing . . . or just hanging out at the public beach and using restaurant facilities.

JD - LHP is right....I LOVE the Holiday! My very favorite ship!:)

I'm planning another cruise on her for fall. I like cruising in early September, when the kiddies are all back in school. I like kids, but not when I'm trying to relax on a cruise.

The Holiday may be the oldest and smallest in Carnival's present fleet, but there's such an intimacy about her. I've said this before - I think I could be blindfolded and find my way around by now.:D The staff and crew have been the friendliest and most helpful of any ship I've been on. The production shows are wonderful, the food (in the dining room) is very, very good.

I'm sure the refurbishment she will go through after her FEMA service will brighten her up, although she's always been sparkling clean.

Hope y'all enjoy the Holiday as much as I have. Oh, and Mobile is a great port to cruise from. All my cruises on the Holiday were out of N.O., but Mobile has a lot to offer - so you should plan on an extra day there if you can.

Any specific questions?

Thanks so much for the response Cotton! :) I know you are the "Holiday" guru around here. :D

We are looking at getting to Mobile Friday around noonish and staying at the Radisson Admiral Semmes. They have a cruise package that looks pretty good (hotel, breakfast buffet, shuttle to terminal, and free parking).

Questions (hope not too many, thanks in advance ;) )

1. Any problems with the Radisson you know about?

2. How is the Mobile nightlife around this area? Looking for live bands, dancing, etc. Any sites you suggest we visit in Mobile?

3. Any recommendations on a seafood place in Mobile?

4. How is the food in the buffet on the Holiday?

5. Does the Holiday have "specialty" places to eat, similar to the sushi bar, cezzane's, and sur mer on the Conquest?

6. Is there both a past-guest party and a captain's cocktail party on the Holiday?

All for now, very much appreciate the help!

quote=Cruise, J.D.]Thanks so much for the response Cotton! :) I know you are the "Holiday" guru around here. :D

Questions (hope not too many, thanks in advance ;) )

1. Any problems with the Radisson you know about?

I've heard nothing bad about the Radisson, but haven't stayed there.

2. How is the Mobile nightlife around this area? Looking for live bands, dancing, etc. Any sites you suggest we visit in Mobile?

Ooops, that's one I can't help you with. I'm just about an hour from there, and don't 'party' there often.

3. Any recommendations on a seafood place in Mobile?

I'm very fond of Wentzell's Oyster House. They have other seafood, as well. It's a Mobile tradition, been there forever. GREAT food.

4. How is the food in the buffet on the Holiday?

Hmmm. I have all meals in the dining room, so can't comment about the buffet. As a rule, I don't care for buffet food. I like the freshness of having something come straight from the kitchen to my table, and I LOVE the personalized service in the dining room. Also - I like having the complimentary espresso and cappuccino with every meal in the dining room - not available on Lido.

5. Does the Holiday have "specialty" places to eat, similar to the sushi bar, cezzane's, and sur mer on the Conquest?

No, they don't have any specialty restaurants, but the deli and pizzeria are both goooood.

6. Is there both a past-guest party and a captain's cocktail party on the Holiday?

On cruises five nights or longer, there is a Past Guest party - as well as the Captain's party.

All for now, very much appreciate the help.....

You're quite welcome!:)

Archived