Easy Air Oddity

gottagocit

Have you ever tried to book flights on the Princess website that do not originate in the USA? The site doesn’t appear to allow it. Do you have to call for quotes of this nature?

I was looking into possibly doing an TA to Europe prior to our scheduled Japan to Alaska TP after realizing the dates would actually work nicely but I can’t search flights from Barcelona to Tokyo online for either voyage to see what they look like.

Have you ever tried to book flights on the Princess website that do not originate in the USA? The site doesn’t appear to allow it. Do you have to call for quotes of this nature?

I was looking into possibly doing an TA to Europe prior to our scheduled Japan to Alaska TP after realizing the dates would actually work nicely but I can’t search flights from Barcelona to Tokyo online for either voyage to see what they look like.

Can't answer that scenario. I book princess air from Canada all the time. You might have to call Princess and see if they have the flights and can book for you. I know that as a Canadian I can't book flights from airports in the US.

It might be a currency issur.

I believe if you are logged in to Princess.com it knows your home airport and thus may block cities that will appear for your return portion. Try not logging in like you are a new user to the princess site and then pull up the TA cruise and see if you can do a return leg flight quote BCN to NRT or whichever Japan airport you need. I am almost certain you should be able to do as I recall another poster wanting to fly to Paris after completing TA instead of flying back home. Also call to Princess will solve.

I believe if you are logged in to Princess.com it knows your home airport and thus may block cities that will appear for your return portion. Try not logging in like you are a new user to the princess site and then pull up the TA cruise and see if you can do a return leg flight quote BCN to NRT or whichever Japan airport you need. I am almost certain you should be able to do as I recall another poster wanting to fly to Paris after completing TA instead of flying back home. Also call to Princess will solve.

No that’s not the issue. I’ve tried not logging in and it doesn’t help. It doesn’t allow us to enter any destination city that’s not in the USA it appears. This is true for the “return”flight for that first voyage and the “departure”leg for the 2nd. It must detect your home country and only allow flights to/from there for some reason. Can’t imagine why it would matter though.

I can call when i have a little time but would have liked to have been able to the simple check online and plugged in a few different dates to see how the rate changes. Its sometimes a huge difference in rates if you simoly move a day or two. When trying this on the phone it can take a while.

Maybe there simply no other option but to call. Just a bit surprising.

I've checked prices for several international flights without a problem. The latest I've checked is from Copenhagen to Germany, no problems whatsoever. The best thing to do is call Princess and see if they can help you. Good luck.

I've checked prices for several international flights without a problem. The latest I've checked is from Copenhagen to Germany, no problems whatsoever. The best thing to do is call Princess and see if they can help you. Good luck.

That is strange. Guess I’ll just have to call them. I did just realize it will allow me to search for flights from Barcelona to Canada from Barcelona after the TA as well as the USA but not to Tokyo or other destinations outside of North America.

UPDATE:

I called Princess and found they do not have contracts for flights that are one way flights which are not to/from your home region.

They even contacted easy air directly to discuss getting a rate for me from Barcelona to Tokyo and found this can not be done through Princess unless you live in or around Barcelona and flying to catch a cruise that departs Tokyo for example.

I was hoping to find we could do the TA from the USA to Europe, fly to Tokyo and do the TP back to the USA. With the TA being added to the last minute deals recently I was hoping we might manage to add another voyage and eliminate the USA to Tokyo flight without adding a huge net cost. We may still consider it but will need to buy some tickets elsewhere.

It can be done. Just tried to check Seattle for TA cruise. Yes I was able to do it. I'll try doing it after logging.

Just logged in and was restricted to Canadian airport. If I booked in USD would have acces to US airports.

Hi @Kamloops! My DH and I are doing a cruise from Tokyo toSingapore this coming December. We are flying out of North Carolina. We caneither connect thru Toronto airport on Air Canada or thru JFK airport. Sinceour trip goes from Dec 3 thru Dec 25 we were wondering if going thru Canadamight be a better choice since you folks seem to be more experience in snowremoval and keeping your airports open. Should we be more worried about weatherdelays in Canada or New York?

Thanks for your help!

Eleanor

Edited by EleanorNoway

Hi @Kamloops! My DH and I are doing a cruise from Tokyo toSingapore this coming December. We are flying out of North Carolina. We caneither connect thru Toronto airport on Air Canada or thru JFK airport. Sinceour trip goes from Dec 3 thru Dec 25 we were wondering if going thru Canadamight be a better choice since you folks seem to be more experience in snowremoval and keeping your airports open. Should we be more worried about weatherdelays in Canada or New York?

Thanks for your help!

Eleanor

I won’t advise using Canadian airports in winter. Most international flights go thru Vancouver International. Los Angeles would best international connections.

We had a similar problem with EZair. We are taking a B2B on the Majestic, so rather than flying from Seattle to Shanghai and back from Singapore to Seattle, we wanted to simply fly round trip Seattle to Shanghai. Apparently EZ air is not clever enough to understand that some people take back to backs and don't want to fly back from the port the first leg ends at. We called Princess to see if we were doing something wrong and they couldn't make it work either. So we just went online and got a reasonable flight and price on our own.

We had a similar problem with EZair. We are taking a B2B on the Majestic, so rather than flying from Seattle to Shanghai and back from Singapore to Seattle, we wanted to simply fly round trip Seattle to Shanghai. Apparently EZ air is not clever enough to understand that some people take back to backs and don't want to fly back from the port the first leg ends at. We called Princess to see if we were doing something wrong and they couldn't make it work either. So we just went online and got a reasonable flight and price on our own.

It depends on how it is booked. If you have the bookings linked. EzAir does have issues. We booked B2B2B2B and didn't have any issues with the EzAir selections. It also depends on whether the airports are within the same fare zone.

I won’t advise using Canadian airports in winter. Most international flights go thru Vancouver International. Los Angeles would best international connections.

Thanks for your insight on flying into/out of Canada in December. There are other options available so I think I will choose a different connection.

E