London Cruise Show - Booking deals?

doconner

The London Cruise Show is coming up, and I've attended in the past on free tickets that I've managed to snag. Typically we just walk around looking at some of the booths, picking up some info, and maybe listening in on a 'meet the experts' talk for a while. We've never booked a cruise while at the show, though we always see people doing so.

Are there special deals with some cruise lines if you book while there, better than you get by booking online or through a normal travel agent? My expectation is that the prices/deals are the same as always, and people are just using it as an opportunity to book face-to-face, or possibly a few caught up in the moment.

Has anyone ever booked while at the show, and think you got a better deal than you would have otherwise?

Thanks,

Duane

* I know travel agent talk is a verboten topic on these boards, but this is a vague general question about booking while at a cruise show, and not asking for a specific agent recommendation, so expect it's an okay question to ask.

Not sure about London's but I have seen some great offers for cruises and such at our travel show. The only problem is they tend to be rather constrictive with their timing, friends however have been able to take advantage and have signed up. That said, if you know what you want and how much to pay because you have researched various options prior to the show you may be able to take advantage of a nice deal.