make sure you get the trip insurance

larasmom

it was the best $29 i ever spent.

i just got back from my very first cruise and i am glad i opted to get the insurance.

i was sick with a virus my entire 3 day cruise.

i spent $909 on medical aid on the ship and it will be covered by my trip insurance.

first they thought i had motion sickness so they gave me a shot and oral meds. the next morning i was still feeling ill and it turned out i did not have motion sickness that i indeed had a virus of some sort. i had an iv in which they injected 2 different meds. my blood pressure was elevated due to all my stress so they gave me meds to lower my blood pressure. they also gave me an iv filled with antibiotics.

so.......let this be a lesson..............GET THE INSURANCE......you never know if you will need it or not.

It was so sad to read this post. Sorta feels like you had a big disappointment. I was hoping that you would have a marvelous vacation and come back here to share your excitement. I hope you're feeling better now.

welp...........i still have sea legs on top of still being a little bit under the weather........but i will live.

you know......things happen and sometimes when you don't expect it you get sick. i rolled with the punches and i am glad that all my fellow 9 relatives were able to enjoy themselves and drink and eat for me. i just hope i didn't get any of them sick.

We are going on our first cruise Jan 7. I just bought the insurance a couple weeks ago. Mainly becuase of weather. It is very possible that we could get a blizzard and our flights get canceled, or just not be able to make it to the airport.

Bummer that you got sick on your vacation.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure most people who buy the insurance never use it. Glad to hear someone got to cash in on it. :) Again, just too bad you didn't get to enjoy.

Archived