Tendering on the Coral

cruzgal11

We will be on the Coral Princess January 3 and I am worried about tendering issues. I just read nightmare stories about people tendering from the Grand to Cozumel and GC. For anyone that has been on the Coral, did you have an issues tendering into these ports?? Now I am not sure if I should bother with shore excursions, just stick to shopping or just stay on the ship. Any information would be appreciated. Can't wait to go!!

One of our stops was Grand Cayman but it was last 2/04 and since then they have had hurricanes, etc. We did not have a problem at all but that was almost 2 years ago and things do change.Also we docked in Cozumel but since the hurricanes[ B]were also there that port will be tendered.[/b]

marilyn

I have the same concerns as Cruzgal11. Can anyone who has been on the Coral since the hurricanes provide more info on tendering in these ports? When you say "no problems" were you booked for a Princess shore excursion? or a private excursion? or just going into shopping area on your own? Thanks.

(booked for April 23 Coral Panama cruise)

Hi Cruzgal11:

The 12/14/05 sailing of the Coral Princess will disembark on December 24. I'm hoping after the Christmas holidays that they will get back on the boards and let us know how everything went for them. They've had an active thread on the Roll-Call board so I was hoping one of them might log in live from the cuise but it appears they haven't yet.

Barry

Nov 4 Sailing of Coral, no problem with tendering in Grand Cayman but onkly two ships in port that day. Some days they have up to 9 with only two docks for the tenders. There is a website, Cruise Calendar (http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/) which will list what ships are in each port for any given day. Princess also contracts with another company to supply some of the tenders in Grand Cayman which are much bigger than the ships tenders. We had no wait leaving the ship and walked right on the tender for the return trip to the ship.

Tendering in Cozumel is new since the hurricane and with the cruise docks out of commision I suspect they may still be working the bugs out. We ended up going to Costa Maya instead which has a large cruise ship pier (and not much else)

Did the Panama Canal on the Coral 12/04 - 12/14/05.

Tenderng at both Cozumel and Grand Cayman we did not have a Princess tour booked but those who did were taken first. We shopped in both places and had no problems with tendering. As a matter of fact if you sit in the lower level in Cozumel Dos Equis(sp) are $3:00US a nice refreshment for the trip. Hope thihs helps alleviate some fears................

Stay Safe

Greg

Archived