Free Drinks Package for UK Cruisers?

ian441672

Hi

We are loyal (Elite) Princess cruisers and enjoy all that Princess has to offer. Only once have we treated ourselves to the On Board Drinks Package, which was nice, but we had to drink a lot to ensure in our minds we got good value!

We travelled once with Celebrity and again, a fantastic cruise, and part of our offer was a free On Board drinks package, which we fully enjoyed.

Ever since, almost every other week I get an email from Celebrity offering cruises with free OBDP, which is tempting.

Princess rarely ever seem to offer this, and although I have seen it advertised for the US market, it doesn't often come this side of the Atlantic! Celebrity seem to offer this in abundance, but not so much Princess. Not sure about other cruise companies.

Is this my imagination; any other [brits] feel the same; any thoughts? I've often why I rarely see this for Princess UK, and wondered what others think.

Thanks!

Like yourself we are also loyal to Princess(1 more cruise to elite) and have never seen a "sip and sail" package on the UK website. I obtained an email address through Facebook of an agent in their HQ in Carlifornia asking if we could book direct with her so that we could receive the same benefits as the people in the USA. However she replied that she cannot deal with anybody in the UK and we have to talk to their HQ in Southampton. We find this totally unfair and its about time we got the same promotions in the UK.

Like yourself we are also loyal to Princess(1 more cruise to elite) and have never seen a "sip and sail" package on the UK website. I obtained an email address through Facebook of an agent in their HQ in Carlifornia asking if we could book direct with her so that we could receive the same benefits as the people in the USA. However she replied that she cannot deal with anybody in the UK and we have to talk to their HQ in Southampton. We find this totally unfair and its about time we got the same promotions in the UK.

Interesting. Thanks for that - glad I am not alone in my thoughts! I had the same type of conversation with the UK HQ and it was a no-go. US is US, UK is UK, and never the twain shall meet!

I was wondering,have you ever tried to book through a USA travel agent? I know that we wouldn't have the same travel protection using one compared to this side. Would like to get an email address to see if it could be done and see if we could receive the same promotions

I was wondering,have you ever tried to book through a USA travel agent? I know that we wouldn't have the same travel protection using one compared to this side. Would like to get an email address to see if it could be done and see if we could receive the same promotions

I know if I had booked my next cruise on board I would have got this perk as we were in US waters. They launched the Sip and Sail at the Elite Captains drink party for all, if you booked it on that cruise, but I could not do this due to work and time off, and being so far in advance etc., but that is the only way I could see around it. From the UK it was a big NO!

I was thinking of booking a princess cruise 29 days but I am looking for a sale including drinks package. Have they ever sold sip and sail to UK passengers? If not then I probably won't bother.

You can buy sip and sail, the price is based on the usd against the gbp the day you book so at the moment it will be a bit cheaper

I rephrase ..Have they ever had a sale, open to UK passengers that included the drinks package

Not sure, but the price in the USA when they have is usually just the difference to not having it here. In other words it’s not free.