Constellation Question

fxcarden

Just to get away from the other thread.......

The Connie is only about 4 years old. I've seen pictures of her in dark (blue ?) and white and blue. Does anybody know how this came about ?. Was she originally dark, and then got a paint job ?. I also heard she had been refurbished recently ?. At four years old, that seems awful soon to me, but I am mainly interested in the color change.

Thanks.

The maiden voyage of the Constellation was May 2002 and she has not been refurbished yet. Not sure how the colours came about. I know the GTS Millenium passenger ship (first of 4-90,000 gross ton ships) originally appeared in 2000 with a blue hull and livery accents of bright red and yellow, but this was revised to a more traditional blue, white, and gold in 2003. Probably someone in authority thought a blue hull was more dignified.

Cheers,

Thye started moving fleet wide to the new colors a year or two ago- mostly white with blue. We said on the Infinity with her blue/gold/white "livery" in 2002, and this past Fall with her white hull. Personally, prefer the white, but others liked the distinctiveness of the blue.

Ships need to get refurbished often given their 24/7 use. Sometimes refurbs are minor, and have more to do with worn upholstery/ carpet, and other times, involve new programs like Cirque du Soleil or the Accupunture program. Many of the more minor things can be accomplished without taking the ship out of service. Major drydocking is usually for more serious things like the pods or signif. revamping.

Andrew

We're going on our fourth Constellation cruise in February. She was repainted last year and last January was the first time we saw her with her white hull to conform with all of the M-Class ships.

The Connie has been refurbed in recent years. They have added the Acupuncture clinic on Deck 7, for instance. It's just that her pods have not needed a major overhaul like the other M-Class ships. Those repairs require a dry dock.

The Constellation was sort of refurbished when they changed the lounge to the Bar at the Edge of the Earth for the Cirq experience. They also added the Acupuncture area and took away the Notes on Decks 6 and 7. Personally, I liked the dark blue and felt that it was elegant. Now, I feel that the ship looks something like an orca - just my personal opinion.

The Constellation was sort of refurbished when they changed the lounge to the Bar at the Edge of the Earth for the Cirq experience. They also added the Acupuncture area and took away the Notes on Decks 6 and 7. Personally, I liked the dark blue and felt that it was elegant. Now, I feel that the ship looks something like an orca - just my personal opinion.

I do agree with Judy and her comment.

First time I did see the Constellation was in Dec of 2002 - very elegant, dark blue and some gold triming.

Next time it was Dec of 2004, right after the changes that Judy described. The new colors match rest of the fleet and maybe, just maybe it was a cost saving move.

And just now I finished the last cruise on that ship.

The folder in the cabin still has the postcards of the old / original Constellation.

Wes

BTW,

The Celebrity ships are easily recognized anywhere, just look for the big "X" on the funnel which is the Greek letter "Chi" symbol of the Chandris family, the original owner and founder of Celebrity. I personally like the white hull with blue trim better than the blue hull.

i was on her last week and vote for the current blue and white. somehow, with the other paint scheme, she reminded me of a floating McDonald's with the gold and red!:eek: (i wonder how long it will be before there actually IS a Mickey D's aboard a ship?;) )

Archived