Food at Xcaret?

lyndasilk

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone could tell me about the food available at Xcaret. I know that they have a lunch buffet and dinner packages but I was wondering if they have an alternative to these. Do they have fast food, and if so, is it the typical American fast food? Or are there vendors selling food and if so, what type of food? I love Mexican food myself but I'm not sure about my children (DS12 and DD10). Is the food expensive? Any sitdown restaurants in the park? Is there a website that would give me this information?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Lynda

Disney Magic, Oct 04
Enchantment of the Seas,Apr 04
Disney Wonder, Oct 02
Disney Wonder, Jan 02

If you can break away from the tour, there is an excellent shrimp taco stand in Playa Del Carmen. Six wonderful tacos and 2 drinks for $10 was our favorite deal of the week. The habanero salsa is wicked! I cannot remember the name but it is on the main highway that runs up to Cancun and down to Xaret. We had no issues with upset stomachs.

We are going to hit it on 07/09 the take a cab to Xel-Ha. I have not been to Xaret (or Xel-Ha for that matter). I will get the name if you want it. May need a reminder e-mail.

Have a great time.

Thanks for the info, dmjbec! I might take you up on that and send you an email after you're back! My mouth started watering at the thought of shrimp tacos and wicked salsa!

Sorry for the delay in replying; I kind of got disconnected from the thread. Anyway, I'll send you a reminder at the end of July. Have a great trip!!!

Archived