MORE Cape Liberty Questions

teacherman

We have never been to EWR or Cape Liberty. We are taking our family (8 total) on Adventure of the Seas. Flight choices home on Friday, July 6 are 12:30 or 3:00. Some say the 12:30 is ok if we do self walk off and take taxis to the airport. Some say don't try it, as too many things can go wrong with traffic jams and security lines. RCCL web site says don't schedule a flight before 1:00. Is that if you are using their bus transfer to EWR? If ship time on the schedule is 7:00, what time could we most likely walk off? Are taxis readily available for 8 people? Does flying on Delta make a difference as to security lines? The first time we flew home from FLL, we booked a 2:00 flight to be "safe", and then sat there for almost 4 hours, as we were through security by 10:00.. But, it is time to make a decision and buy the airline tickets, so these are my last questions. All advice and info is welcome. Thank you.

We have never been to EWR or Cape Liberty. We are taking our family (8 total) on Adventure of the Seas. Flight choices home on Friday, July 6 are 12:30 or 3:00. Some say the 12:30 is ok if we do self walk off and take taxis to the airport. Some say don't try it, as too many things can go wrong with traffic jams and security lines. RCCL web site says don't schedule a flight before 1:00. Is that if you are using their bus transfer to EWR? If ship time on the schedule is 7:00, what time could we most likely walk off? Are taxis readily available for 8 people? Does flying on Delta make a difference as to security lines? The first time we flew home from FLL, we booked a 2:00 flight to be "safe", and then sat there for almost 4 hours, as we were through security by 10:00.. But, it is time to make a decision and buy the airline tickets, so these are my last questions. All advice and info is welcome. Thank you.

Newark airport is less than 10 miles from Cape Liberty in Bayonne. The 12:30 flight is good and I do not think you need to do self walk off but if it gives you peace of mind do it. Yes it is possible there may be traffic issues and security line delays, which can be said for any airport, but the probability is unlikely. If you are off the ship by 9 am you should be good and EWR is not a place you want to wait hours and hours in.

It was in May but we walked off the Summit about 8:30 and were over on Wall St easily by 10. EWR is very close. Just my opinion but I would either walk off or tell the ship you need to be off the ship by 9 and to give you an earlier luggage tag group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Know that weekdays the traffic in Bayonne is MUCH worse than a weekend. It took us over an hour to get out of Bayonne on a Thursday coming off the Anthem last Summer. It would have been 15 minutes on a weekend. You can still make the noon departure on Friday even with it being holiday week. You don't need to be the first off but don't dawdle. There are taxi's and shared shuttles lined up when you get outside and someone who can direct you to one. Like the others said, aim to be off by 9 am.