Just upgraded to a spa balcony on the Sunshine.... what can I expect?

Rneighh

Carnival just offered me an upgrade to a spa balcony on the Sunshine that was too good to turn down. What can I expect with a spa room?

We sail in four days and this is our first time on the Sunshine.

Thanks.

Renee

We upgraded to our first ever balcony, on the Sunshine 2 years ago. Ours was also a spa balcony. The robes are more plush, you get slippers and the spa toiletries, (Elemis). You, of course, have access to the spa, as well. For us, it was a wonderful upgrade.

Us and some friends had a total of 4 spa balcony cabins on the Sunshine. We didn't really take advantage of the spa but loved walking down the hall and right out to the serenity deck. It's very quiet around the cabin hallways. The only negative is on embarkation day it was very difficult to get an elevator that went up there cause they use them for luggage. There is only one set of 2 elevators that went to deck 12. We had to actually get a ship's officer to secure one for us using his special key. We could have all walked up but one member of our party was confined to a scooter. Even still we would book a spa balcony cabin again in a heartbeat. Enjoy your cruise!

you can expect an excellent experience. You get out of the elevator and are hit with the eucalyptus from the spa. You are steps from the spa and the Serenity deck. There are so few cabins and even fewer kids, very quiet. My wife will not use their regular shampoo but loves the Elmis products.

I'm glad I did not pay much for the upgrade. Not worth much extra for slippers and a robe. I hated the smell of the "upgraded" shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. The discounts on spa treatments were insignificant unless you planned on lots of over priced treatments. Our floor didn't smell wonderful and we never saw our room steward. The room was always cleaned up but I saw her one time.

I'm glad I did not pay much for the upgrade. Not worth much extra for slippers and a robe. I hated the smell of the "upgraded" shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. The discounts on spa treatments were insignificant unless you planned on lots of over priced treatments. Our floor didn't smell wonderful and we never saw our room steward. The room was always cleaned up but I saw her one time.

So you get the robe to take?

I know you get the slippers....

Did you go into the treatment rooms?

Once you go spa....you'll forever want spa! We booked the sunshine spa balcony for may. Third time in a spa room! Love love love

Same here ... we are spa junkies. We were in a spa suit 10107. LOVED the double sliding doors. We book spa balconies on every cruise ... especially if there are a LOT of sea days (like our Dec 2018 sailing from Long Beach to Hawaii). I also try to book as early as possible b/c my FAVORITE spa balcony is the midship cabin on the end!

WOW..... I was wondering if any of you all did a youtube or had pics of the spa area?

I do not do you tube .. but we do have pictures of the spa balcony suit we had on the Sunshine ... this was last April 2017 sailing out of Port Canaveral ... 8 days.

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

Same here ... we are spa junkies. We were in a spa suit 10107. LOVED the double sliding doors. We book spa balconies on every cruise ... especially if there are a LOT of sea days (like our Dec 2018 sailing from Long Beach to Hawaii). I also try to book as early as possible b/c my FAVORITE spa balcony is the midship cabin on the end!

I do not do you tube .. but we do have pictures of the spa balcony suit we had on the Sunshine ... this was last April 2017 sailing out of Port Canaveral ... 8 days.

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

Excellent..... I Thank you for sharing!

I think the Thalossotherapy pool is a big part of the spa cabin experience, so disappointed that the Sunshine doesn't have one.

Yep, probably wouldn’t bother upgrading to a spa stateroom on the Sunshine without the pool. On the Magic Transatlantic, it was very nice having access to that pool as it was indoors with the temperatures outside being very cold.

The only time we have ever booked a "guarantee" rate was on the Sunshine with a balcony guarantee. We wound up in a spa cabin which was a very pleasant surprise. Because of the rate we did not get the full spa benefits but we did get the extras in the cabin. We thought the cabin itself was nicer than most standard cabins and we liked the Elemis items. As previously stated, the location was excellent. We could walk right out into the Serenity area where we spent a lot of time and we could use our own bathroom instead of the public ones since it was so close by. We were sort of spoiled by it but have not had the funds to pay for one since. I think you got a nice perk.