Sailing Shortly for my 40th

RebelAthena

Hi, gang!

In a week or so, I’m sailing with family on the Getaway in an H4 for my 40th birthday. I’ve never cruised NCL, and I don’t quite know what I don’t know.

I just read about the “White Hot/Glow” party ... what else should I know (I know about spa passes, Vibe, drink/dining package, and shore excursions)? Suggestions on where to eat on my special day (Cagney’s?). There are apparently no formal nights?

It’s the little things that you don’t know to look for, ask about, or attend — what insider info can you give me?

Happy soon to celebrate birthday on one of our favorite NCL ships. Here is a great review done by Spaniel Lover back in 2014 with many photos and videos. You are in luck because they were in a Haven suite so Haven photos are included.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2104396&highlight=norwegian+getaway+review

There have been some changes since 2014 ...... one example is no more fireworks.

Just go with an open mind and with the flow of the fish on the carpet (hint they swim forward towards the front of the ship). Enjoy your birthday, an enjoy the time away from home. Talk with new people. Try different places to eat if that is your thing or just hit the free stuff like we do - the food all comes out of the same kitchen to start with.