Using Disney gift cards on a cruise

PrincessCatarina

I believe you can only use DGCs in the shops, not at the bars/boutiques, etc.

That said, yes...you can go to guest services at any time and load whatever gift cards you like to your onboard account, and then use your KTTW card to pay for your boutique charges.

First, be sure that they are Disney gift cards, not Disney STORE gift cards. Then, as above, you can call DCL in advance and have them added to your account, do it at Guest Services at any time, or use them in SOME of the gift shops. You can't use the in the bars, Vanillope's, etc. Honestly, the easiest thing is to apply them in advance. DO keep the cards--if by chance you don't spend all of them, the money will be refunded to the card. There is a process to get the money if the card has been lost or thrown away, but that is a big pain and takes time. If you still have the card, the refund is instantaneous.

Thank you. The cards I have are Disney gift cards and DCL is listed as a spending option. I already paid the balance for my cruise so looking to apply them as onboard credit and it looks like that will be easy to do upon checking in at the port or at guest services on board. I’d prefer to do that over a phone call that could take a long time due to the need to read through multiple gift card numbers.

You can consolidate multiple Disney gift cards onto one (up to $1000) at disneygiftcard.com and that will save you having to manage multiple cards, then when you get on board just go to guest services anytime and present the card(s) and they'll be applied to your stateroom account and you can use them to charge for the duration of your cruise.