Grand Turk Cabana- September 2018 Conquest

emcarle23

I've been reading here the pros and cons of the cabana at the Grand Turk spot and I went ahead and just booked it. There were only 5 left. My boyfriend isn't too keen on the sun so I figured it would be a great spot for us. I'm looking forward to sailing on the Conquest.

Personally we hate the Margaritaville area. Walk a little further down the beach to Jacks Shack and it's far less crowded. For a few dollars (I think $10 but could be $20) you can rent a huge umbrella that will more than adequately cover two loungers. Pure paradise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Loved the cabana at Margaritaville two weeks ago. Place to camp out for the day and not have to worry about leaving your "stuff" locked and protected if you want to wander around the port area; but close to the pool area when you want to swim and/our cool off.

Love Grand Turk. Walk up to Jacks Shack and do a beach bar crawl back to Margaritaville. Last time we did it there was a total of five bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with almost everybody who responded above (except for the guy who recommended a $10 umbrella). The cabanas at Margaritaville are awesome! Air conditioning, ceiling fan, comfy couches, wait service on demand for food and drinks, and more! Go to Youtube and search for Grand Turk Cabana Tour, my video tour will provide all the highlights.

We've always loved Margaritaville over the years and for the first time on our NYE Vista cruise my family and another couple got a Cabana. Best thing ever for the price especially if your there for a long stay. Not sure if its worth it if your only in port for 4 or 5 hours. We were in port for 8 hours. Food and drink service was also very quick, then again we were the only ship in port that day.

I agree with almost everybody who responded above (except for the guy who recommended a $10 umbrella). The cabanas at Margaritaville are awesome! Air conditioning, ceiling fan, comfy couches, wait service on demand for food and drinks, and more! Go to Youtube and search for Grand Turk Cabana Tour, my video tour will provide all the highlights.

I stumbled across your video on youtube last night (before I read this post), looks great and can't wait to enjoy our cabana in Grand Turk!

Personally we hate the Margaritaville area. Walk a little further down the beach to Jacks Shack and it's far less crowded. For a few dollars (I think $10 but could be $20) you can rent a huge umbrella that will more than adequately cover two loungers. Pure paradise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Approximately how long is the walk from the pier to Jack's Shack?

Approximately how long is the walk from the pier to Jack's Shack?

I would say 1/3 of a mile, maybe 1/4? Take off you shoes and walk in the water or wet sand. The sand at GT is very fine, and you may find it hard to walk on. At least we did.

I am curious about the bar crawl, does anyone have a list, I only remember about 2-3bars?

Are the cabana prices at GT post on Carnival's website?

We're another one who loved having the cabana on our last cruise there. We split it with another family, so that makes it cheaper, which is definitely nice. It really worked to our advantage as well since the other wife had recently undergone medical treatments and couldn't spend a lot of time out in the sun. She could only be in water up to her thighs as well. So this was a great thing to have. She could be in the sun for a bit, then be on the deck, under the shade, or go inside if she needed. Plus, the husbands and boys went snorkeling and swimming, constantly back and forth, and we had a place to secure things.

The food/drink service can get busy, so just be patient. We ordered some food a little earlier than we might have wanted, because we knew it would take a little longer. Nothing outrageous, just maybe another 10 minutes or so.

I have a cabana booked for our upcoming cruise in a couple weeks. Just wondering if the the Grand Turk cabana rentals are the same idea as the ones at half moon cay? Do you request a certain number in advance at guest services or do you just get sent to one upon arrival? Are they really strict on the 4 person limit? I wanted to get two cabanas for our family of 8 but there was only one available. Do you think they will allow all my family to store their beach gear inside the hut?

I have a cabana booked for our upcoming cruise in a couple weeks. Just wondering if the the Grand Turk cabana rentals are the same idea as the ones at half moon cay? Do you request a certain number in advance at guest services or do you just get sent to one upon arrival? Are they really strict on the 4 person limit? I wanted to get two cabanas for our family of 8 but there was only one available. Do you think they will allow all my family to store their beach gear inside the hut?

You get it assigned when you show up, so no requesting any specific one. And honestly, we had 7 people technically, but rarely were all 7 there at once. We had us and our teen son, plus another couple and their adult daughter and teen son. The 2 boys were barely there, except for food. And often the husbands were off with the boys. Nobody said anything to us. I would imagine it will depend on how crowded it is though, as I have heard people being told they couldn't have all those people up there. We used the chairs that were there, pulled some out from the cabana and then the rest just hung around on the stairs, if that makes sense. Oh, and they're not going to know how much stuff you have inside the cabana, so I wouldn't worry about that!

The four of us rented a gold cart and went all over the island. It was a blast. I really liked feeding fruit loops to the wild donkeys down at the lighthouse.

I love cruising the island on a golf cart also. We do it every time we go to Grand Turk. I want to warn you though be very careful feeding the donkeys, they DO bite. A lady on our last trip there back in June lost a finger by feeding a donkey. She was in our roll call!

• 2 weeks later...
I've been reading here the pros and cons of the cabana at the Grand Turk spot and I went ahead and just booked it. There were only 5 left. My boyfriend isn't too keen on the sun so I figured it would be a great spot for us. I'm looking forward to sailing on the Conquest.

The Green Umbrellas on the beach and chairs all the way up to the pool are free.

The locals have taken over the 2 rows on the beach (different Umbellas) and charge $25 for 2 chairs( most stolen from Carniva)l. Avoid the locals and use the free chairs under the green umbrella. The Umbrellas that say Grand Turk Cruise Center are very large and so close together that the rows remain shaded the whole time you are at the Beach.