Need advice for Victor Bodden Best of Roatan private tour or Daniel Johnson's

vanreg

We are considering the Victor Bodden Best of Roatan private tour. I have a group of 4 and it looks like the price is $25/person plus an additional $5/person for Victor's Monkey Business. After this we would like to go directly to West Bay Beach. What are the differences in the resorts there if we are looking at getting a day pass? Is something like this available through Daniel Johnson?

We did this exactly two years ago (and will again on our upcoming cruise) with a group of 4. Just tell your diver/guide that you want to go to West Bay and he will go to whichever beach club you want or will suggest one. We ended up going to Paradise beach at his suggestion and loved it. It was $10 pp and he had that price worked out for us.

I had sent an email to Victor beforehand (he's great about communicating to get the tour you want) to ask about the various beach options there and here is what he sent back:

Bananarama Resort - $10 per person

Infinity Bay Resort - $30 to 40 per person (depends on their resort's occupancy for the da you're here...never can predict!)

Paradise Beach - $15 per person

Mayan Princess - $15 to 20 per person

Beachers ($10 per beach lounger), very good seafood/burgers & bar, plus a more upscale restaurant Argentinian Grill is next door (great steaks, chicken,etc.)

The best, in my opinion, is Bananarama. They hve a pizza restaurant, sushi (nevr tried it, so don't know how good it is), and nice "genaral" restaurant with anything from nachos to lobster. Great bar (Thirsty Turtle) and handmade local crafts store. They are the most "organized" as far as cruise visitors... changing areas, fresh water shower, restroom access, beach loungers, shaded chairs, if needed, etc. But, all places along the beach are beautiful and share an amazing view, reef and calm clear waters! Let me know if you have more questions.

We've selected this very same itinerary! I thought the sloths were included in the Best Of Roatan tour?

Snorkeling is very important to us, so now I'm second guessing and wonder if we should book a full snorkeling tour instead, then see the sloths if we have time afterwards. I hear snorkeling at Roatan is amazing. Maybe I'll start a new thread to see what the experts suggest.

The way it worked is after picking you up you go to Victors house to pay for your tour. This is also where the sloths and monkeys are if you wish to see them ($5 pp). You can stay as long or as short as you want.

The snorkeling is absolutely amazing. Its the best we have ever seen as far as amount and variety of fish and coral. But it's very easy to do yourself if you have snorkeled before and have your own gear. If not then you might want to book a snorkeling specific tour.

Btw the "best in my opinion is Banarama" paragraph is Victor, not me. In reality all of those places are right next to each other and its not a long walk to the best snorkeling spot.