Sapphire Boarding Time

GirlieGirl33

They usually start around 11:30 a.m. but it could be later due to when the previous passengers got off .There is always a possibility of delays such as immigration, etc. Anyway have a great cruise.

Marilyn

We're on the 1/7 sailing of the Sapphire and were wonding what time boarding had been starting lately. We'll be staying the night in San Pedro and were planning to get to the terminal around 11:30. Thanks!

Boarding normally begins around 11:30 to 12:30.

We boarded the Sapphire Princess on 12/17 and boarding didn't begin until almost 1:30 pm due to two surprise inspections (by the Coast Guard and Immigration).

We too were on on the Sapphire 12/17. We arrived at the terminal at about 2:45 on a Princess trasfer bus. Getting checked in went well, but then we had to wait almost an hour because security/boarding were backed up due to the previously mentioned surprise crew inspections.

However, what impressed me was that things kept moving forward. And, more importantly, three times I heard cruise staff publiclly apologize for the embarkation delays, and explain why it happend. As far as I'm concerned, customer service is about not just how you handle daily routines, but how you handle problems. I think Princess did a great job explaining the problem. But that also means passengers should pack their patience. You never know when there will be delays.

And apparently the Sapphire passed the Coast Guard safety inspection with flying colors.

Archived