RCC Rome Excursion: Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica & City Center Transfer

Tiggerontheseas

Hi Everyone,

Ā 

I was wondering if anyone had done this tour on a cruise ending in Rome. We are planning on staying in Rome for a day or two at the end our TA and would greatly appreciate some feedback into whether or not this tour is worthwhile. We like the idea of the transportation into Rome and visits to the Vatican before going to our hotel being taken care of all in one day. Do the tours of St. Peters and the Vatican Museums include front of the line type access into the museums?

We took the Holland America version of this excursion in 2014. We boarded a bus at the ship, and drove into Rome. Our guide had to wait in a line for a few minutes at the Vatican Museum, but after a short time we went right into the Museum. We did a whirlwind tour of the Museum, then went into the Sistine Chapel where we had quite a bit of time to marvel at the ceiling, and then we went into St. Peter's. We had some time on our own in the Vatican City, and the bus took us to the Ostiense Train Station. Our guide arranged for cabs to meet the bus at the station, and the cab took us directly to our hotel. We thought it was a great way to end the cruise. We spent 4 more days in Rome, and had a cab take us to the airport.

Hope this helps.

Mike

We took the Holland America version of this excursion in 2014. We boarded a bus at the ship, and drove into Rome. Our guide had to wait in a line for a few minutes at the Vatican Museum, but after a short time we went right into the Museum. We did a whirlwind tour of the Museum, then went into the Sistine Chapel where we had quite a bit of time to marvel at the ceiling, and then we went into St. Peter's. We had some time on our own in the Vatican City, and the bus took us to the Ostiense Train Station. Our guide arranged for cabs to meet the bus at the station, and the cab took us directly to our hotel. We thought it was a great way to end the cruise. We spent 4 more days in Rome, and had a cab take us to the airport.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Ā 

Thank you so much! That tells me everything that I was wondering about. I really appreciate it and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. We'll have limited time in Rome and this sounds like a perfect way to make the most of Day 1. šŸ˜Š