azura carribean transatlantic questions

philipsw285

hi i have a few questions i'm traveling with my 75 year old mother.

1st question Gatwick north how far are the terminals and are there travelators (thinking of organizing a wheel chair here and Barbados)

2nd same question as above but for Barbados.

3rd when do you check in on the cruise at the ship or airport.

4th we land at 4.30pm how long does it take to get on the ship from the airport as dinner is booked for 6.30pm and my parents are worried about making dinner.

5th and final any any idea what the current duty free rate is for golden Virginia rolling tobacco 50 gram packs is need to make sure i set enough money aside for it.

questions might seem unusual but we have only ever sailed from Southampton and never been outside Europe on holiday before..

hi i have a few questions i'm traveling with my 75 year old mother.

1st question Gatwick north how far are the terminals and are there travelators (thinking of organizing a wheel chair here and Barbados)

2nd same question as above but for Barbados.

3rd when do you check in on the cruise at the ship or airport.

4th we land at 4.30pm how long does it take to get on the ship from the airport as dinner is booked for 6.30pm and my parents are worried about making dinner.

5th and final any any idea what the current duty free rate is for golden Virginia rolling tobacco 50 gram packs is need to make sure i set enough money aside for it.

questions might seem unusual but we have only ever sailed from Southampton and never been outside Europe on holiday before..

1. Inside Departures it indicates walking time to each Gate. Some can be 15 minute's walk. There are travellators but not sure how much of the walking distance they would take care of for any specific Gate. I'd be tempted to get wheelchair organised here as walking distance can be quite far.

2. Unlike Gatwick, at Barbados with bonded luggage you don't go through the terminal but walk a relatively short distance once leaving the plane to a side entrance to the airport where the shuttle buses are waiting. There might be a bit of a wait in the queue for the shuttle but in our experience this hasn't been for long although iirc you are out in the sun here.

3. Bus transfer they say is about 45 mins to an hour. Time and local traffic have an influence but I think we usually do it in about half an hour.

4. Registration is in a hanger type structure at the port prior to embarkation.

5. As you don't have to go through baggage reclaim, there shouldn't be much of a delay getting to the port as long as your flight is on time. Realistically 6pm on board should be quite achievable allowing for transfer, registration and finding your cabin.

Sorry seem to have got an extra number here - but can't help with the tobacco costs.

Enjoy the Caribbean - it's great; warm, welcoming and vibrant and the fabulous weather and sea. Hope you love it as much as we do.

1. Inside Departures it indicates walking time to each Gate. Some can be 15 minute's walk. There are travellators but not sure how much of the walking distance they would take care of for any specific Gate. I'd be tempted to get wheelchair organised here as walking distance can be quite far.

2. Unlike Gatwick, at Barbados with bonded luggage you don't go through the terminal but walk a relatively short distance once leaving the plane to a side entrance to the airport where the shuttle buses are waiting. There might be a bit of a wait in the queue for the shuttle but in our experience this hasn't been for long although iirc you are out in the sun here.

3. Bus transfer they say is about 45 mins to an hour. Time and local traffic have an influence but I think we usually do it in about half an hour.

4. Registration is in a hanger type structure at the port prior to embarkation.

5. As you don't have to go through baggage reclaim, there shouldn't be much of a delay getting to the port as long as your flight is on time. Realistically 6pm on board should be quite achievable allowing for transfer, registration and finding your cabin.

Sorry seem to have got an extra number here - but can't help with the tobacco costs.

Enjoy the Caribbean - it's great; warm, welcoming and vibrant and the fabulous weather and sea. Hope you love it as much as we do.

thanks kruzseeka thats nearly all of the questions answered now just need a smoker to answer the last one thank you again.

As planes are arriving at various times, there is no fixed time dining on the first night. Just go along whatever time you want to the restaurant designated for new arrivals. This may not be the same restaurant allocated to you for the rest of the cruise.

Alternatively, if you are feeling weary after a long day travelling, you could pop along to the self service buffet for a quick snack.

Brian