Freestylin' Pig ??

frogfuzz

We do not eat a like at all. I could eat Italian every night and he could do steak every night. I'm a vegetarian, he's not, my choice is limited. Is it ok to go to the dining room and get appetizer & salad and hubs get full course dinner , then go to Italian restaurant & get main course & hubs get dessert. Is this considered too embarrassing to do? I have seen people get 2 dinners at one seating sooo...... I know , I know buffet many choices but in general I am not a fan of buffet food. Would ya do this?

No one is going to care, or notice for that matter. We often return to the main dining room after the show for just dessert, or an appetizer and a dessert. No one has ever questioned us... There are some very good vegetarian entrees in the main dining rooms, have you checked out any of the menus yet?

:)

We do not eat a like at all. I could eat Italian every night and he could do steak every night. I'm a vegetarian, he's not, my choice is limited. Is it ok to go to the dining room and get appetizer & salad and hubs get full course dinner , then go to Italian restaurant & get main course & hubs get dessert. Is this considered too embarrassing to do? I have seen people get 2 dinners at one seating sooo...... I know , I know buffet many choices but in general I am not a fan of buffet food. Would ya do this?

You can mix it up any way you like.

Nothing to be embarrassed about.

I'm sure they have seen/heard it all.;)

They are really there to please you.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Oh yeah, I looked at menus posted for the dining room, see they have 1 vegatarian choice. But love Italian food and just curious. So anxious to go and be served and looking forward to try NCL.

Just realized today we will be there for Valentine's Day, geesh ...how romantic are we.

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I looked at menus posted for the dining room, see they have 1 vegatarian choice. But love Italian food and just curious. So anxious to go and be served and looking forward to try NCL.

Just realized today we will be there for Valentine's Day, geesh ...how romantic are we.

DH tried the vegetarian at Le Bistro, just for a change...he said it was very good! Just a thought!

I'd love to do a Valentine's Day cruise...enjoy;)

Hi frogfruzz,

Maybe I missed what ship you'll be on over Valentine's. If it's the Jewel, come on over to our roll call for Feb. 12th out of Miami.

I've never had it, but some of the staff told me on the Dawn that the steak tournedoes (sp?) up in La Trattoria were "the best". You could have pasta prepared anyway (olive oil based, cream based, tomato based) with your choice of ingredients and could have vegetarian all the way. On the Jewel, there's a delightful antipasti tray they bring around and both of you could find things on that for starters. The tiramisu and zuppa inglese for dessert are not to be missed.

Meanwhile, in the main DR, one night there will be an eggplant, fresh tomato and mozzarella entree - which might satisfy your Italian tastebuds while allowing for your husband to be a carnivore! ;)

And, yes, you can move in and through any combo of restaurants you choose. Even at Le Bistro, we've had dinner, gone to the show & come back for dessert. It's even a bit more pleasant that way! :p

Also, there are more things available to vegetarians than might be posted on the menu. Talk to a maitre d' or the Food & Bev. mgr who will be more than happy to work with you, I'm sure.

Last, on the Dawn, Jewel (and I guess other ships have it, too), there is a wonderful vegetarian Indian buffet in the Garden Cafe. Complete with papadum crispies! The great thing is they have local chefs preparing this stuff so it's really quite tasty! Just ask any staff member where the Indian buffet is.

There's also often a Make Your Own Chinese-style soup station. You can bypass the shrimp and just hand over all the veggie goodies. There are usually 2 kinds of "broth", one of which will be chicken based and I think the other is a miso vegetarian.

And don't forget a stop at the sushi bar (extra charge on the larger ships) where you can get all kinds of vegetarian rolls.

Good luck! Have fun. :D

Archived