Hotel in Seattle ..

ryansmousehouse

Seattle hotels during cruise season are real pricey, think 250 on up. Parking in Seattle for a week is again, pricey. Parking at any hotel in Seattle is pricey. SeaTac area can also be pricey, if the hotel is cheap its a dump. Both areas have high taxes and fees added on due to some voter initiatives that were approved. We all pay, Get the idea....

My vote is Embassy Suites Sea Tac. Its in Renton which is right next to Seattle. They are 10 minutes from the airport and right off I 405. Very close to I 5. You are about a 20-30 minute drive to the cruise pier, depends which pier you are at, downtown or by Queen Ann hill. They allow long term parking . Call them directly and ask about this website. aboutairportparkingdotcom They manage the hotels long term parking. I will be staying there pre cruise and leaving my car there for the week and flying to Miami. Equinox Spring break. Daily cost was 5.99 dailey plus a reasonable couple bucks a day in taxes. Double that plus some and you can park in Seattle. Do the touristy thing when you arrive then drive back to Embassy Suites and check in. Uber to the pier in the morning.

If money is not an issue, Stay at the Grand Hyatt downtown. Then park at one of the longterm garages for cruise passengers. I think we paid about 190 prepay for 7 days. Uber to pier if needed but depends on which pier. Hyatt is near alot of the Touristy places to walk to.

Westin really?? Haven't been there since a wedding in 1985. Our Senior Ball was there several years earlier too. Its in a good area and near the monorail. But dated. Small rooms. $$$$$$ JMHO. Looked at staying there a couple years ago and didn't like what I researched. I think the rooms may have balconies???? It used to be one of the hotels to go to. Not sure about now. Good Luck.

Seattle hotels during cruise season are real pricey, think 250 on up. Parking in Seattle for a week is again, pricey. Parking at any hotel in Seattle is pricey. SeaTac area can also be pricey, if the hotel is cheap its a dump. Both areas have high taxes and fees added on due to some voter initiatives that were approved. We all pay, Get the idea....

My vote is Embassy Suites Sea Tac. Its in Renton which is right next to Seattle. They are 10 minutes from the airport and right off I 405. Very close to I 5. You are about a 20-30 minute drive to the cruise pier, depends which pier you are at, downtown or by Queen Ann hill. They allow long term parking . Call them directly and ask about this website. aboutairportparkingdotcom They manage the hotels long term parking. I will be staying there pre cruise and leaving my car there for the week and flying to Miami. Equinox Spring break. Daily cost was 5.99 dailey plus a reasonable couple bucks a day in taxes. Double that plus some and you can park in Seattle. Do the touristy thing when you arrive then drive back to Embassy Suites and check in. Uber to the pier in the morning.

If money is not an issue, Stay at the Grand Hyatt downtown. Then park at one of the longterm garages for cruise passengers. I think we paid about 190 prepay for 7 days. Uber to pier if needed but depends on which pier. Hyatt is near alot of the Touristy places to walk to.

Westin really?? Haven't been there since a wedding in 1985. Our Senior Ball was there several years earlier too. Its in a good area and near the monorail. But dated. Small rooms. $$$$$$ JMHO. Looked at staying there a couple years ago and didn't like what I researched. I think the rooms may have balconies???? It used to be one of the hotels to go to. Not sure about now. Good Luck.

Good info...thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes the Westin really. Have stayed there twice recently. Renovated rooms and walking distance or short ride on monorail to everything touristy. Got great deals on Priceline, basically 2 rooms for price of one. No balconies but the rooms are wedge shaped because the building is round. Ask for a room with a view of the Space Needle. Also stayed there post cruise on a day pass waiting for a late flight. However none of this will help the OP because parking is not included.

Ok, I will grant you that the Westin may be nice if it had been refurbished and you have stayed there, I haven't. I do know its in a area that is close to Westlake Center but a ways back, I still think Grand Hyatt is much better if you are staying in Seattle and is only a couple blocks from Westlake Center but east not north.

FYI to anyone reading, the monorail only goes to the Seattle Center from Westlake Center. The Space Needle is there and so is the Chahuly glass place. If I only had a day I would spend my time at Pike Place Market and walk down a block and see the Waterfront. Maybe walk on the Bremerton Ferry for a roundtrip. I don't think the Space Needle is a big deal as its overpriced and the Stratosphere in Vegas is twice the height. Chahuly is a small building and again Vegas has his works at the Bellagio for free. Sorry may have gotten off topic.

Priceline changed from bidding for rooms to the way Hotwire sells rooms. You pay ahead of time then find out the hotel. Got burned in Seattle once that way. Boutique should mean Crappy little room in overpriced hotel nest to Seattle library. Not sure how you got the Westin for cheap. Possible is suppose.

My vote is still do touristy things on arrival in Seattle then drive back to Embassy Suites in Renton (Sea Tac), park, take Uber to port in AM. On rtn. Uber back and you are really close to I 5 to rtn to Oregon. You will be south of Seattle traffic.

Ok, I will grant you that the Westin may be nice if it had been refurbished and you have stayed there, I haven't. I do know its in a area that is close to Westlake Center but a ways back, I still think Grand Hyatt is much better if you are staying in Seattle and is only a couple blocks from Westlake Center but east not north.

FYI to anyone reading, the monorail only goes to the Seattle Center from Westlake Center. The Space Needle is there and so is the Chahuly glass place. If I only had a day I would spend my time at Pike Place Market and walk down a block and see the Waterfront. Maybe walk on the Bremerton Ferry for a roundtrip. I don't think the Space Needle is a big deal as its overpriced and the Stratosphere in Vegas is twice the height. Chahuly is a small building and again Vegas has his works at the Bellagio for free. Sorry may have gotten off topic.

Priceline changed from bidding for rooms to the way Hotwire sells rooms. You pay ahead of time then find out the hotel. Got burned in Seattle once that way. Boutique should mean Crappy little room in overpriced hotel nest to Seattle library. Not sure how you got the Westin for cheap. Possible is suppose.

My vote is still do touristy things on arrival in Seattle then drive back to Embassy Suites in Renton (Sea Tac), park, take Uber to port in AM. On rtn. Uber back and you are really close to I 5 to rtn to Oregon. You will be south of Seattle traffic.

Plan on calling embassy suites tomorrow to confirm long term parking.. already looked into parking by port...about 175 for a week

In

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk