Check-in time in Long Beach

hawaiissunshine1

I've seen on a few threads that Long Beach hasn't been strictly enforcing the check in times at the port. I know when I last sailed (out of NOLA), they were very strict about it.

For people who have sailed out of Long Beach recently, what has been YOUR experience? Are they strict about it?

They used to be not strict about it. More of an honor thing. Just read a review that made it seem like they still aren’t strict even though the Dome is almost finished.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmmm, definitely seems to be mixed experiences from people recently boarding at Long Beach. Some have reported waiting 1.5 hours to board after showing up at assigned check in time, while FTTF boarded right away. Others report that even if they had assigned check in time, they arrived early, had no wait and boarded right away. Sounds like every cruise check in and boarding could be done differently!

Hmmm, definitely seems to be mixed experiences from people recently boarding at Long Beach. Some have reported waiting 1.5 hours to board after showing up at assigned check in time, while FTTF boarded right away. Others report that even if they had assigned check in time, they arrived early, had no wait and boarded right away. Sounds like every cruise check in and boarding could be done differently!

Typically it’s as spencercoop says. Atypically it’s a cluster! One cruise we had, in no particular order— Journeys cruise ( lots of Diamonds and Platinums), Suites, FTTF, Crew Immigration Check, Coast Guard Life Boat Drill AND it was raining like Morton Salt! Long Beach didn’t have any real indoor waiting, early birds were seated in the Queen Mary part of the Dome with no heat (at least they were dry). Took us about 2 hours to check in and board. Typically we’re thru the process in a few minutes when we arrived after the Dome doors open.

Now, with the Dome refit almost complete it sounds like it’ll be smooth most of the time. At least we will be out of the rain.